I want to join the T.A

I was at catterick 8 years ago an left with usfas on my discharge papers. I weren't a mong or anything, I was well behaved with an exemplary on my papers. I'm currently in college and learning a language, will I have any problems joining the T.A ?

I told my platoon commander I didn't want to be here when I first got there, like I said I weren't a mong or done anything wrong. I was fitter and smarter out of all the recruits, after a few weeks he said to me you don't want to be here so I don't want you around the rest of the recruits, you can leave, so around a week later I was on my way.

I told my platoon commander I didn't want to be here when I first got there, like I said I weren't a mong or done anything wrong. I was fitter and smarter out of all the recruits, after a few weeks he said to me you don't want to be here so I don't want you around the rest of the recruits, you can leave, so around a week later I was on my way.
Liar liar, pants on fire.

Either this is teh sh1test wah in the history of mankind...

Or you are so mentally sub-normal, that you need to stop breathing in order to walk.

Will you turn up on your first drill night and casually mention to your boss that you don't want to be there?

Rockape I just answered cabana, gents that the truth right there. For him to get rid of me, would that be the likely steps what he's done by getting me an usfas?

I joined because I was bloody 17 and didn't know what else to do, a silly 17 year old yeah I admit, now I'm 25 studying for a career and I want more out of life. If I had the knowledge I got now an I could go back an be 17 again I wouldn't be here right now, and I bet a lot of you would say the same thing about yourselfs.

Z

Zarathustra

Bollocks, you wouldn't just get binned until you had interviews with the OC and that sort of caper. If you were as good as you claimed to be then they'd have tried to talk you out of it and if you were dead set on leaving you wouldn't have been UFAS as you left by choice it would have been DAOR (discharge as of right).

If I had the knowledge I got now an I could go back an be 17 again I wouldn't be here right now, and I bet a lot of you would say the same thing about yourselfs.
If I had the knowledge I had now, but was 17 again... I'd still be about 4 months in to a career in the Army. Same as last time around.

Anyway, [nowah]you'll have to pop to your local TA unit or whichever unit it is you wish to join. Be completely honest with them, and it may be in your interest to mention your little USFAS problem early on in the procedings.

They will want to know why this was so, so honesty will be the best policy.

Hmmm....I smell BS. Methinks drugs were involved.

turn up at the TA and be COMPLETELY HONEST they will be able to check your records any attempt at Bullshit will fail STABS have access to the same records eventually :).
being less than honest will get you binned.
ten years you may well have matured but if you did something unbelivably stupid you may have burnt your bridge.

Mmmh...I joined at 17, thought it was the fkn business, away from home, new muckas, not bad pay, overseas postings and a tidy rack into the bargain (Court Mounted of course) . What you studying at college then, what part of the U.K are you.

Soggy4978

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Reference my bold. I hope you mean 'smarter' as in better turned out, because if you mean more intelligent I shudder to think of the literacy levels of your peers.

Crow bag I had my interview with the OC an he done everything to keep me till I daor'd and my platoon commander, my plan was to daor when the window opened, he kept telling me, you ain't the golden child why should you leave early and for other people to stay, I had my interview with the OC and he said I was just immature, they seemed fine on letting me go, few days later I wad gone. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG DURING MY TIME AT CATTERICK.

There is one thing wrong which is bothering me, when I had my interview with the OC he asked me if I wanted to rejoin the services in the future, and I said no I have no plans to do so. Have I fkd up there?

I don't understand why I was allowed to leave early, I didn't do anything wrong, I was fine and very competent, I didn't cry like a pissy little girl, I'm sure there's somebody on here which can help me.