I want to join the Royal engineers joiner and carpenter

Hi I want to join the army and learn a trade preferably joiner but I was looking on the website and it said I would need GCSE A-D/9-3 in at least English language, maths and science I have no idea what those are because I left school at 13 to join collage and I done a two year construction course witch included Joinery, Bricklaying, Painting and decorating, and plumbing. I got a SCQF level 5 certificate and this is the only qualification I have. I have worked on building sites for a few months so would a SCQF level 5 help me get in??

Hi I want to join the army and learn a trade preferably joiner but I was looking on the website and it said I would need GCSE A-D/9-3 in at least English language, maths and science I have no idea what those are because I left school at 13 to join collage and I done a two year construction course witch included Joinery, Bricklaying, Painting and decorating, and plumbing. I got a SCQF level 5 certificate and this is the only qualification I have. I have worked on building sites for a few months so would a SCQF level 5 help me get in??

No point in asking us. Most of us are ancient.

However you might bear in mind that if you become a Sapper your construction trade comes third after being a soldier first and a combat engineer second. You could go a long time between bouts of wood butchery.

Go talk to a recruiter or contact the army (and the REs) directly.

Best of luck young man. Although I was an infantryman I always had a lot of time for the Sappers, grand outfit.

Best of luck young man. Although I was an infantryman I always had a lot of time for the Sappers, grand outfit.

Especially if they could dig you a nice big hole to live in so you didn't have to get your shovel dirty.

ugly

LE
My youngest essentially left school at 14 going to a special maths academy 1 day a week and tech the rest of the week as our local secondary school decided to bin science and advanced maths to become a performing arts toilet, sorry academy and he was the only one in his university class without A levels but with workshop experience

Latest Threads