• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

I want to Join the Army, solely to get posted to Germany! Any advice?

Hi,

Im expecting a barrage of abuse, but hopefully amongst it I will find some good advice.

Ive served 13 years in the Royal Marines and became civpop 2011. Im currently working in the security industry but for many years Ive longed to live in Germany with my family. I myself was born there and lived there until I was 5 (yep, forces brat).

Im hoping that somebody here would be kind enough to give me any information on which Units/Regiments/Corps are permanently based out in Germany, or any guaranteed routes out there.

I am not really too hung up on what kind of trade, as Ive done everything I wanted to do in the Corps.

If this comes across as disrespectful to anyone, as its obvious I have an agenda, I would like to apologise, Im just trying to find out information without beating around the bush.

Thank you.

Well British troops are being withdrawn from germany in a number of years. 13 years in the marines and you didnt know that????? hmmmm!!!!!! I smell a walt!

Your an EU Citizen......so find a job there, move and stop posting bone comments. '13 years in the Corps' my left testicle!!

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
I just went for an interview with a bunch in Munich - nice place - 48% fecking tax was something of a dealbreaker.

Who really believes that we'll be clear of Germany in 2015? Excluding units and personnel attached to NATO/European formations.

Providing the last Landy is crossing the German border at 23:59.59 hours on the 31st Dec 2015, we have as of today, 1124 days to achieve this move.

Maybe I have shown a touch of naivety coming on to this forum and asking a legitimate question in a polite manner. I'll consider it a lesson learnt.

Boozeguzzler - Please excuse my lack of knowledge about the British Army, not quite sure how you come to the conclusion that I am some kind of Walter Mitty, but hey. You and Pewish should meet up and swap stories about the hours you sit behind the security of your computer screens cruising arrse giving people advice that make you feel 'well hard'.

Hi,

Im expecting a barrage of abuse, but hopefully amongst it I will find some good advice.

Ive served 13 years in the Royal Marines and became civpop 2011. Im currently working in the security industry but for many years Ive longed to live in Germany with my family. I myself was born there and lived there until I was 5 (yep, forces brat).

Im hoping that somebody here would be kind enough to give me any information on which Units/Regiments/Corps are permanently based out in Germany, or any guaranteed routes out there.

I am not really too hung up on what kind of trade, as Ive done everything I wanted to do in the Corps.

If this comes across as disrespectful to anyone, as its obvious I have an agenda, I would like to apologise, Im just trying to find out information without beating around the bush.

Thank you.
Remember that the Army will send you where it wants or needs you to be. Your preference will be very politely considered but there is no guarantee that you will not find yourself in Benbecula instead.

"Guaranteed route"? Can't see it but then again I'm an old fart so somebody more in-date may have a better idea.

As "Old-Yin" said in post 3, join the German army.
You want to join the British Army solely to live in Germany? I smell a lack of commitment here.
Fella, you're in for a rude awakening.

Well, you came here expecting a barrage of abuse, and so far you've got away almost scott-free.

I've rarely seen such a bone question on this forum, and TTTT I'm amazed that one of the less-than-polite posters here hasn't ripped you a new one.

Like one poster noted, why not just get a job there and stop wasting our lives answering your rather naive question?

tac

Shit the bed!!!!! This is hard work, I stated straight away that I was considering joining the Army as a means to live in Germany. Do people not choose career paths to get a certain something that they want? You dont know me so how can you comment that you smell a lack of commitment. I also stated that I'd served for 13 years, does this not show a sign of commitment.
I also stated that I was a 'forces brat' so surely this indicates to you that I am British, why would a British person want to join the German Army?

I would once again like to serve in the British Military if I could this time live in Germany! This is not a crime!

It seems that negativity is the trend on this forum.

Latest Threads