I want to Join the Army, solely to get posted to Germany! Any advice?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by meatball1664, Dec 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Im expecting a barrage of abuse, but hopefully amongst it I will find some good advice.

Ive served 13 years in the Royal Marines and became civpop 2011. Im currently working in the security industry but for many years Ive longed to live in Germany with my family. I myself was born there and lived there until I was 5 (yep, forces brat).

Im hoping that somebody here would be kind enough to give me any information on which Units/Regiments/Corps are permanently based out in Germany, or any guaranteed routes out there.

I am not really too hung up on what kind of trade, as Ive done everything I wanted to do in the Corps.

If this comes across as disrespectful to anyone, as its obvious I have an agenda, I would like to apologise, Im just trying to find out information without beating around the bush.

Thank you.

2. I suggest that you read the thread about the 100% withdrawal of British armed forces from Germany in 2015.

tac

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Join the German Army? :slow:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Time travel?

5. Id have though a career in the BFG office - its bound to be running long after the Army has left.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well British troops are being withdrawn from germany in a number of years. 13 years in the marines and you didnt know that????? hmmmm!!!!!! I smell a walt!

7. Your an EU Citizen......so find a job there, move and stop posting bone comments. '13 years in the Corps' my left testicle!!

8. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I just went for an interview with a bunch in Munich - nice place - 48% fecking tax was something of a dealbreaker.

9. Pewish,

Cheers for your input! You sound like a decent chap!

10. Who really believes that we'll be clear of Germany in 2015? Excluding units and personnel attached to NATO/European formations.

Providing the last Landy is crossing the German border at 23:59.59 hours on the 31st Dec 2015, we have as of today, 1124 days to achieve this move.

11. Your welcome

12. Maybe I have shown a touch of naivety coming on to this forum and asking a legitimate question in a polite manner. I'll consider it a lesson learnt.

Boozeguzzler - Please excuse my lack of knowledge about the British Army, not quite sure how you come to the conclusion that I am some kind of Walter Mitty, but hey. You and Pewish should meet up and swap stories about the hours you sit behind the security of your computer screens cruising arrse giving people advice that make you feel 'well hard'.

13. Remember that the Army will send you where it wants or needs you to be. Your preference will be very politely considered but there is no guarantee that you will not find yourself in Benbecula instead.

"Guaranteed route"? Can't see it but then again I'm an old fart so somebody more in-date may have a better idea.

14. As "Old-Yin" said in post 3, join the German army.
    You want to join the British Army solely to live in Germany? I smell a lack of commitment here.
    Fella, you're in for a rude awakening.

15. Well, you came here expecting a barrage of abuse, and so far you've got away almost scott-free.

I've rarely seen such a bone question on this forum, and TTTT I'm amazed that one of the less-than-polite posters here hasn't ripped you a new one.

Like one poster noted, why not just get a job there and stop wasting our lives answering your rather naive question?

tac