I want to become an Officer, But which Regiment?!?!

Discussion in 'Officers' started by 1140_Sqn, Jan 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I want to become an Officer, but im stuck between joining the AAC or a Tank regiement.

any tips or help?!?

cheers,

2. That depends on whether you want to :

A. Fly helicopters.

or

B. Command a tank!

If your answer is A then you should join a cavalry regiment and get an attachmnet to the AAC for a few years! Otherwise you will do less flying of helicopters and more flying of desks!

Good luck!

3. so do you mean the AAC officers dont do much flying?

4. i think you should go for 49 para regiment, the selection is very hard and very top secret but if you're up for a challenge.......

5. I think you'd be a shoe-in for the Intelligence Corps myself

6. Cunt.

49 Para isn't funny, its dull, bone shit and boring. This is a young lad asking questions about the Army, something that is becoming rarer in todays society, where kids would rather play the Playstation and eat ready meals for their lives, and you're pulling his pisser about 49 Para. You didn't even make it up, so stop jumping on this very unfunny bandwagon with all the other flaccid cunts on this site who insist on wasting everyones time with these window licking tales of 49 Para.

And, from what I can tell, the people who bang on about 49 Para arn't exactly Ramboesque themselves.

So fuck off and stop wasting this young lads time. Cunt.

In answer to the original question, ignore this chopper, and try posting in the Aviation and RAC forums for a view from the people who are at the sharp end. Good luck with your future career :)

7. right... well thanks for that mate!!! lol

i will post in the other two forums!

8. No worries :)

9. Becoming an officer is not a beauty parade.You should put yourself in a position to 'sell' yourself,if you wish for a commission in the more popular organisations.There's quite a difference between an armoured regiment(where numbers of regiments have been sharply reduced and amalgamated in the last 10 years) and the AAC,which is expanding(but in danger of being taken over by the RAF,from time to time).It is quite possible to do a tour with the ACC,even if you are commissioned in another organisation,and then join them,on a permanent basis later.There is no guarantee that if you gain a commission in the AAC,that you will pass the pilots course.That needs to be borne in mind.On the other hand,if you attend a pilots course,from another regiment,and fail,it's unlikely to blight your career.