I Think the Engine's Flooded - Tsunami Footage

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Jul 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Yu Muroga was doing his job making deliveries when the 11 March 2011 earthquake hit in Japan. Unaware, like many people in the area, of how far inland the Tsunami would travel, he continued to drive and do his job. The HD camera mounted on his dashboard captured not only the earthquake, but also the moment he and several other drivers were suddenly engulfed in the Tsunami.

He escaped from the vehicle seconds before it was crushed by other debris and sunk underwater. His car and the camera have only recently been recovered by the police. The camera was heavily damaged but a video expert was able to retrieve this footage".

Pretty scary stuff.

2. Saw it last year.

Remarkable footage indeed.

The sister of one of my colleagues in Japan was a kindergarten school teacher in Sendai. No trace of her, her colleagues and the 200 or so children, aged between four and five under their care, has ever been found.

The NPP at Fukushima was one of the study exercises I used with my students when I was there teaching. between 2005 and 2010.

I lost nobody I knew personally, but three or four folks of my acquaintance did.

I was then, and still is, heartbreaking. I could not watch it more than the one time.

tac

3. Channel 4 last night showed a repeat of their documentary which was based around footage taken by locals and interviews with the participants. The most frightening thing for me was the sheer speed with which the water arrived - in one sequence, there was less than 20 seconds from first sight of a slight trickle of water to the car in which the camera was mounted getting washed away.

Poor bastards.

4. It is amazing and scary footage.
    But there are also insane stories of bravery, like this one.