I think the Aussies have the right idea.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by minime33, Mar 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fcuk yes!

That must have been awesome for the pilot!

That was a lot of heroin... not that blowing up the ship will change NKs posn.
  2. All well and good, but we let the crew get off beforehand :evil:
  3. Pretty cool use for 2 LGB's.
  4. Cool idea for bombing practice, good one RAAF.
    Remember the Torrey Canyon in 67.......
  5. On the down side, that would have cost approx $100K, and I'm not referring to the F-111 time or the LGB's. The cost of make a ship suitable for sinking (environmentally speaking) is enormous.
  6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Who gives a toss?

If you don't think there wasn't some sort of kick back to or sanction from the N Korean govn for this ship's activities then you're barking.

On the plus side, would have saved a good amount of human misery and cost to the Aus communities that the drugs would have got to. Also good training and as blunt a message as could be put to a "rogue" nation's command structure without formal diplomatic action.

Wish we were as robust. Well done Aus.
  7. Blunt message my hairy ar5e...it was a media stunt.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show...but there was no "message".

Sinking the thing as it was enroute would have been a "message"...but jailing the crew in Longbay jail with better living standards than they could have ever hoped for back home isn't a deterrent to anyone.
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

This suggests otherwise. It may be a "publicity stunt" but added to statements made is stiff international diplomatic speak for fukc off & die
  9. Why is it that the austrailians always seem to get it right?
    Decent prision sentance, and that bombing run. The message to the imigrants a few months ago...

Sod it, Moving might not be such a bad Idea.

10. You're not the only one to think along those lines. As of today, almost half of the Sierra Leone Commonwealth Games team has p!ssed off and can't be found. :lol:
  11. Phil, the thing that made me laugh was that 4 of them failed to turn up for their race and just fukced off last seen heading for Dandenong where it will be next to impossible to find them. If they had bothered to win any sort of medal they would havbe been a shoe-in for citizenship.
  12. "suggests otherwise. It may be a "publicity stunt" but added to statements made is stiff international diplomatic speak for fukc off & die"

That's just it...they won't die. We will give them a million dollar court hearing, with free legal aid...we won't be killing anyone.
  13. Birdie, Hence the Department of Immigrations new ad entitled "Oi, Where the fcukin' hell are you? :lol:
  14. :lol: Just make sure there are no Brits in the house when it's aired - we might get offended!