I think I've broken ARRSE - sorry

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by putteesinmyhands, Sep 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was trying to reply to a thread, including a few photos. I've been successful doing this where the photos were from the web, but these were from my hard drive.

I had a go using the icon in the reply page but it didn't seem to work very happily, previewing the post didn't show the photos (is this a function of attaching photos?), so I resorted to opening the photos in an editing program and copy/pasting them into the reply text. After a few attempts, involving resizing the photos, the preview looked ok so I clicked Submit".

The submission was taking quite a long time i.e. the page didn't reload, so I opened another Firefox window to see if the message had gone through, thinking that the already-open Firefox had stalled. I could open other threads but not the one I replied to.

I opened Chrome, went to the thread and received this message:

I'm very sorry that i've broken the site. I've tried to delete the reply by going back through the pages but it still won't stop.

And while I'm at it, what's the default text size and font?

2. Have you got your glasses on?
  3. I have but they're bifocals. The bottom bit focuses from about 150mm to 300mm, the top focuses from 600mm to infinity.

The laptop screen is 450mm away.

Walking down stairs can be a bit scary.
  4. I try not to do that.

Serves you right for all this posh business on your computer. As you know, my laptop is pink, I push the On button, and it works. I have no idea what else it can do though. It's probably got some really clever stuff on it, but I'm an IT biff. ARRSE, FB, E-mails, Google, shopping. Then more shopping. No games (unless it's Popmaster with Ken Bruce on FB). I've got a Gameboy with Tetris on it - why would I need games?
  5. If the site shows a 500 error, it's shafted for the time being, and if it was caused by something that you did, then it is double shafted, and would have shat itself at some point anyway
  6. At his age, he wouldn't notice.
  7. HHH

HHH LE

I have just got this message, using iPhone app

8. HHH

HHH LE

And again, both times trying to read "the granda" thread mention in the OP
  9. Oh oh, you're in trouble.

Did you sign for it?
  10. PHP has a script execution time set in the php.ini file - it means that for whatever reason, usually the server is under heavy load, and cannot process your request within the time limit and gives up. It's to prevent the server getting under even heavier load by ******* off anything it can't handle rather than the queue getting longer
  11. I clicked on OK and nothing happened. Have I broken that as well?
  12. HHH

HHH LE

Yes, it's all your fault!
    Just you wait and see what happens to you when the CO's get in!
  13. Seems ok for me i can get on it just fine?
  14. No you can't. At best, you'll get the first 14 posts. My reply comes after that, inferred as being page 2, even though I've got ARRSE set to 40 posts per page, so I should see it as page 1.

I'm in trouble, aren't I? Still, if I get banned, at least I'll get to bed at a reasonable time...
  15. Holy shit, it's alive!