• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

I think I'm allergic to beer!

Over the past few years I've noticed that every time I have a few drinks there comes a point (usually at four or five beers) when I start sneezing. Not just once or twice, but pretty much constantly for about 10 minutes or so.

Fortunately it usually stops at this point (or perhaps it's just because I switch to spirits :scratch:), but it's really annoying for me (entertaining for everyone else though!).

I first started getting this about 5 years ago, and have never had any allergies or anything similar before.

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of problem? Or am I alone in my misery?

Cheers
T_T

What other factors are always present? Are you always in the same pub when this happens? Is this about the time you start grazing on the bar snacks? Is the same barmaid always there?

What's your regular pint, and have you tried changing it?

What other factors are always present? Are you always in the same pub when this happens? Is this about the time you start grazing on the bar snacks? Is the same barmaid always there?

What's your regular pint, and have you tried changing it?
It happens anywhere, any time, and with any brand of beer.

My wife has a Gluten intolerance which means she can't drink beer. It plays havoc with the digestive system though, and not the nasal passages. Switch to cider like she did might work....

I too, am allergic to Beer, as when I imbibe it I have noticed that it makes my head spin, my words slur and occasionally I even vomit. Normally after posting utter shite on here.

Is there a cure?

Over the past few years I've noticed that every time I have a few drinks there comes a point (usually at four or five beers) when I start sneezing. Not just once or twice, but pretty much constantly for about 10 minutes or so.

Fortunately it usually stops at this point (or perhaps it's just because I switch to spirits :scratch:), but it's really annoying for me (entertaining for everyone else though!).

I first started getting this about 5 years ago, and have never had any allergies or anything similar before.

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of problem? Or am I alone in my misery?

Cheers
T_T
Don't listen to the other posters. None of them know what they're talking about.

This is a common thing & not a problem at all.

You have a yeast allergy!

It won't hurt you......drink up me hearty!

When did you first notice you were a poof? FFS, "I sneeze when I drinks, please give me advice on my lifestyle choices"

Your_Mums_Pal is your sock puppet and I claim my five pounds. The inveterate whinging and requests for advice give the game away ;-)

Could be the yeast or the sulphites (preservative and colouring found in some mass produced booze) causing the allergic reaction.

Smash an antihistamine down with your first pint. See if that helps.

Latest Threads