I think I'm allergic to beer!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tartan_Terrier, Dec 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Over the past few years I've noticed that every time I have a few drinks there comes a point (usually at four or five beers) when I start sneezing. Not just once or twice, but pretty much constantly for about 10 minutes or so.

Fortunately it usually stops at this point (or perhaps it's just because I switch to spirits :scratch:), but it's really annoying for me (entertaining for everyone else though!).

I first started getting this about 5 years ago, and have never had any allergies or anything similar before.

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of problem? Or am I alone in my misery?

2. Sounds like head cancer to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Not with beer but with anything with chilli in it, within minutes I've turned into the snot monster, fairly recent phenomenon within last 4 or 5 years.
  4. If true, I would consider suicide, that or switch to the single malt sooner.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. What other factors are always present? Are you always in the same pub when this happens? Is this about the time you start grazing on the bar snacks? Is the same barmaid always there?

What's your regular pint, and have you tried changing it?
  6. Have you checked to make sure your penis has not fallen off and in it's place you have a vagina?
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Bless you.

Have you tried immersion therapy?
  8. Could be the company you are in!
  9. Do you mean swimming in beer? No, a sneezing fit at the deep end could be fatal.
  10. It happens anywhere, any time, and with any brand of beer.
  11. My wife has a Gluten intolerance which means she can't drink beer. It plays havoc with the digestive system though, and not the nasal passages. Switch to cider like she did might work....
  12. I too, am allergic to Beer, as when I imbibe it I have noticed that it makes my head spin, my words slur and occasionally I even vomit. Normally after posting utter shite on here.

Is there a cure?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Is it more noticeable when it's your shout?
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Who, apart from you obviously, is always there?
  15. Just me and Emperor Mong.

I may have to sit by myself in a sterile room and get pissed on various types of beer in the interests of science.