I think I found a Walt running a security company...

So, I was working for a security firm in north Kent, I won't say which one, and the CEO and founder of the company is giving it both barrels about how he is an ex-Para and how he set up his firm with the intention of replicating military values in the private security sector. He only founded his company in the last 5 years, so I am not sure if he knows that there are plenty of actual ex-soldiers already doing that. He seems like your average meathead, really not got much insight about anything, but he is an unstable guy and I did not particularly want to question him about his alleged service.

The stories he tells are usually of the ultra-violent nature, and you can tell he really enjoys telling them. The clincher for me was when he claimed that he was ex-reconnaissance and had served in northern Ireland, doing observation on IRA bigwigs. He claimed that when he left the army, he was allowed to keep several firearms as he was considered to be at risk of kidnap due to his work. The gat he specifically mentioned was a Smith and Wesson revolver, not your usual BAF fare, right? He claims that he got into a road rage incident with another driver, and pulled this pistol on him. He was telling this story to one of the younger guys from the firm, while me and another guard were sleeping in the back of the car. I was only sort of dozing, and when i heard what he was talking about my interest picked up. He totally expected this guy to believe that this story was true and he had no consequences off the back of it, the other driver just didn't bother to take down his license, I guess.

Another big red flag is that he used to work for another security firm in the same area before starting his company, and the CEO from that company told me that due to data protection laws he was not able to tell me that this Walt in question never put anything military related on his CV when he was applying to that firm, and these stories of wartime heroism seemed to emerge once he founded his company. Does any of this seem even partially credible? What can I do from here?

Offer him your hungry anus.

Look, I'm not really senior enough in the ARRSE hierarchy but...

Bottom of page three - tradition has it that there is now a question regarding the initial author's intent regarding the direction of the discussion initiated....

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
OP -

The world is on the brink of a massive recession. There is war, famine, mass abductions, rape, murder, pestilence that kills millions, babies being killed, plastic poisoning in every living thing, nuclear waste buried underground poisoning the water table, droughts, climate change, old ladies riding the bus all day because it's the only way to stay warm, the ravening ambition of the Chinese, sex trafficking, kids being tortured by their parents, African dictators subjugating their peoples, Russian attacks on British citizens, Lewis Hamilton being banned from wearing bling.........

.... and you're worried about a sad little man who has to make up stories to improve his life?

OP -

The world is on the brink of a massive recession. There is war, famine, mass abductions, rape, murder, pestilence that kills millions, babies being killed, plastic poisoning in every living thing, nuclear waste buried underground poisoning the water table, droughts, climate change, old ladies riding the bus all day because it's the only way to stay warm, the ravening ambition of the Chinese, sex trafficking, kids being tortured by their parents, African dictators subjugating their peoples, Russian attacks on British citizens, Lewis Hamilton being banned from wearing bling.........

.... and you're worried about a sad little man who has to make up stories to improve his life?
To be fair, the Lewis Hamilton thing is a major issue!

D

Deleted 186086

OP -

They better not go to Hereford as about 6k in the SAS & SRR