I stole from veterans

A Michigan man scrubbed a monument to U.S. troops with a toothbrush Tuesday while wearing a T-shirt that read "I Stole From Veterans" as part of a punishment for a scam to solicit scrap yards for metal, the Saginaw News reports.

A judge ordered Philip Kolinski, 73, of Carrollton Township, Mich., to wash the veterans monument outside the Saginaw County Governmental Center after he was found guilty of soliciting metal donations for a sculpture dedicated to Iraq War veterans that was never built, the Saginaw News said.

Instead of using the metal for a monument, he sold it and kept the money, the paper reports.

Saginaw County District Judge A.T. Frank also ordered Kolinski to to pay $9,000 in restitution and $2,095 in fees and fines.

A second man, James M. Arnst, 45, is awaiting trial for his alleged role in the scam
Here is a photo of the heartless git and the original story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292538,00.html

Imagine the bleedin' hearts do-gooders here, against his human rights to wear such a t shirt, etc.

Here is the story from its original source (can't seem to add pictures properly to the forum, :oops: )

http://blog.mlive.com/saginawnews/2007/08/con_man_scrubs_monument_with_t.html

Wearing a T-shirt bearing the phrase "I Stole From Veterans," Philip Kolinski wielded a toothbrush to scrub the veteran's monument outside the Saginaw County Governmental Center.

Saginaw County District Judge A.T. Frank sentenced the 73-year-old Carrollton Township man to the task for his part in soliciting metal donations for a sculpture dedicated to Iraq War veterans.

Detectives said Kolinski and James M. Arnst, 45, sold the metal and kept the money. Arnst is awaiting trial.

Frank also ordered Kolinski, 4735 N. Michigan, to pay $9,000 in restitution and $2,095 in fees and fines.

Kolinski cleaned the monument for about 20 minutes in the pouring rain outside the courthouse, Michigan at Court in Saginaw.
Shame...

Paging Airborne_Aircrew, A_A to the purple courtesy phone, we have a mission for you...

Gotta hand it to the septics, they do sometimes get it right - let the punishment fit the crime. I believe Wal-Mart have a similar policy whereby a shoplifter had to wear a similarly degrading sandwich board and stand outside the store for X amount of time. But yes, the bleeding heart do-gooders in this country would never sanction such a move and would issue a badge of honour instead. Sorry, I meant ASBO but I gather its pretty much the same thing in chav circles!

Latest Threads