i start on 3rd of january any advice?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by cagedsteel, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i need advice am 20 and joining on 3rd of january
  2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Be Sober :wink:
  3. Get life insurance
  4. Joining=?
  5. sorry didnt make myself clear haha i start basic training on 3rd of january at bassingbourn
  6. I'd advise you turn up on the 3rd of January then, and don't decide to DAOR day 1(30 days is compulsory) 8) (as I've seen done)

I turned up in a suit at Catterick(one of 2 in 50). That was the day a first impression was set, not many chances to set a good one, very easy to stand out in a bad way.
  7. so do i go in a suite???? and is there anything you wish youd of taken that you didnt? thanks
  8. I hope that you've adopted a pseudonym for Arrse, rather than your real name and the year of your emergence in this World. That way you won't stand out too much.
  9. don't eat the yellow snow
  10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

will that be a 3 piece Suite :wink:
  11. Or indeed, anything you'd taken which you wish you hadn't?
    Not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for rocking up dressed as a button backed green leather chesterfield with matching armchairs.
  12. Just as long as you didn't go OTT and include antimaccassers.
  13. I dunno how ATR Bassingbourn do it but look at this way, what's the bad side of turning up in a suit...unless of course you've been told exactly what to turn up in, then I'd do that instead. 8)

Just take what they say on the instructions, after week 6 or 7 if it's the same you'll pass off the square, get your beret for the rest of training and then be allowed out of camp(or home if good boys) and anything you didn't bring can be fetched. What they need during those weeks should be on your instructions or you'd be told by the ACIO.

In fact if you read in the instructions it should say:

"A list of clothing and equipment that you should bring can be found in Annex A at the end of this document. All the items listed are required during your training and you should bring these with you if you can. Some items can be purchased at the SPAR and Regimental Shops at ATR(B). You should however bear in mind that some items may cost a little more when purchased on camp.
    5. You should travel to ATR(B) smartly dressed in a shirt with a collar and a tie."
  14. yes
  15. thanks for that matey so how long you been in and what are u in?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.