I Spy...........

Labour MP denies claims he was 'Czech spy'

It is said that the Czech authorities have records that another Labour Party MP, Geoffrey Robinson (real name Geoffrey Yaxley-Lenin) was reporting home to mother during the Cold War.

What with working class heroes of the British proletariat, as well as ex-public school homosexual fantasists undermining our civil service and security services, it's something of a wonder that we managed to come out of the other side. No wonder the BAOR chaps took to drink.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Labour MP denies claims he was 'Czech spy'

It is said that the Czech authorities have records that another Labour Party MP, Geoffrey Robinson (real name Geoffrey Yaxley-Lenin) was reporting home to mother during the Cold War.

What with working class heroes of the British proletariat, as well as ex-public school homosexual fantasists undermining our civil service and security services, it's something of a wonder that we managed to come out of the other side. No wonder the BAOR chaps took to drink.
Ho ho.

i don’t buy it personally and call bullshit on the story.

1. The allegations seem too specific for me. 87 pieces of information/1966-69/51 meetings etc. If any authority had this level of specific information they would have nicked him.

2. As far as I can se he was Paymaster General for 18 months so I wonder what information he had access to.

3. I primarily doubt this because the dates don’t stack up. He didn’t enter Parliament until 1976, ten years after the alleged dates. How did he have access to sensitive information.

4. I am naturally wary of this sort of sh1tstirring story from the Wail. What are the topless pictures of his wife like.

The Státní bezpečnost (StB) of the CSSR did have some success in the UK.

Václav Jelínek was an StB agent who ''ghosted'' the identity of a dutch orphan named Erwin van Haarlem. Came to the UK and lived under his alias to spy. Eventually caught by MI5.
But not sure what actually happened to the original Erwin van Haarlem. It seems he was registered as ''missing''. But as Jelínek went back to Prague after Prison and the orphanage was near Prague, maybe they eventually became neighbours?

Not sure why the StB chose to ''ghost'' the identity of a child who was ''missing'', rather than one who was definitely dead? Maybe using a ''missing'' person's identity is less likely to be discovered as a ''ghost'' - because there is no grave or death certificate to prove the ''ghost'' is false?

But obviously the flip side is that the ''missing'' person could turn up again.

Interesting that the British Special Branch seemed to choose the identity of children who had definitely died (rather than missing children that the StB used).

The Státní bezpečnost (StB) of the CSSR did have some success in the UK.

Václav Jelínek was an StB agent who ''ghosted'' the identity of a dutch orphan named Erwin van Haarlem. Came to the UK and lived under his alias to spy. Eventually caught by MI5.
But not sure what actually happened to the original Erwin van Haarlem. It seems he was registered as ''missing''. But as Jelínek went back to Prague after Prison and the orphanage was near Prague, maybe they eventually became neighbours?
They got even further with Agent Cob, he still hasn't been arrested yet