• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

I shot a Frenchman at Agincourt

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm sorry to hear that. How many months along were you?

As an aside, 'Tropper' is spelled with 2 'p's and 1 'o'.
Only because he made a typo error when setting up his username :)

He is an ex-pony lover and wished to use the highest rank he reached as his username:)

Soz Trops, could't help it.

My ancestor was mobilised for Op Banner 1395-1397. Given that his CO was 2nd Baron of Masham, I'd guess that he was in the times' equivalent of the Yorkshire Volunteers.

I'd like to think that he shot his arrows in a high trajectory... :)

Only because he made a typo error when setting up his username :)

He is an ex-pony lover and wished to use the highest rank he reached as his username:).
Right. Although we must bear in mind that spellings weren't standardised for much of Tropper's life, this has the Ring Of Truth to it and is now the Official Explanation of Tropper's Username.

Just goes to show that you lot are a bunch of commoners, there's only one with my surname :)
Conscientious objectors or just plain draft dodgers?

Got to be careful as I also only have one listed and that one not at Agincourt. Still, I suppose there had to be some left behind to keep the soldiers' wives lubricated. Wouldn't want the soldiers coming back from battle to find that the missus had dried up.

Latest Threads