• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

I Shook Hands With A Digger On The Wrong Side Of The World

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Beccy Cole played last Christmas to the Diggers and us Brits in Iraq - and she was very good indeed. In fact their version of a CSE show was excellent all-round - they did two nights, so everyone could see it, performing outdoors in the freezing cold (and they'd just come in from Oz inDecember).

Good on her - another example of the Aussies supporting their Troops far better than we do, I'm afraid.

Edited to add: they also had Bessie Bardot as compere (and awful singer). A very lnice lass indeed:
http://www.bessiebardot.com.au/

Nige said:
See also "It really is better downunder" post.
cannot find it, which forum?

I don't care if she bayoneted ten chogies and head butted Tony Bliar. Country and western "music" is an abomination. The Aussies should have got one of the Minogue girls or the chick from Rogue Traders instead.

Just how popular is C&W in Aus/NZ anyway?

gennithmedic said:
I don't care if she bayoneted ten chogies and head butted Tony Bliar. Country and western "music" is an abomination. The Aussies should have got one of the Minogue girls or the chick from Rogue Traders instead.

Nice tits Jenni!! I think you missed the point.

gennithmedic said:

Unfortunately, very, especially in the wopwops, but then so is incest, so no real recommendation. 8O
Ex Bootneck living in NZ, BTW. Been lurking for a while, usually post on 'another' place.
PS

I quite like this tune.

My music tastes range quite a fair bit. Basically anything that I like, I like. Sometimes only one tune ever from a band.

Good on her for going out to the troops, and of course sticking by them.

It would have been all to easy just to let it slide, but she pens a tune that shoves it in the face of her "fans" who told her she was so bad for going out to the boys.

And the message, "I'd rather be a poster girl for the boys in Iraq, then you" mint.

I'm not crazy about C&W either G-medic, but at least she's supporting them right?

The others could have done it if they wanted to.

Its not that bad. Spent a couple of weeks in Tenessee. Nashville, Memphis had a bloody good time and the some of the music was rocking. Nashville is a great night out. Live music in every bar. The folks are also pleased to see you especially if you are a serving or ex soldier.

gennithmedic wrote:

I don't care if she bayoneted ten chogies and head butted Tony Bliar. Country and western "music" is an abomination.

Great gal, but musically you're all a bunch of elitist snobs!

Virgil,

Saw Willie Nelson at the Coachella festival a couple of months ago. It was truly amazing how a guy in his 70s chilled out 60,000 people- most of whom were there to see Rage Against the Machine.

Of course, the ma-husive cloud of rather pungent smoke that floated above the crowd may have had something to do with it. :)

And Johnny Cash's version of Nine Inch Nails' Hurt, recorded when his health was failing and just after June Carter died, is one of the most most poignant songs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Of course, to my generation Waylon jennings will forever more be remembered as the narrator on The Dukes of Hazzard.