I Sense A Demotion Off The Starboard Bow!

The Navy is quite forgiving about massive errors, treating them as learning opportunities.
Army had the same perspective, particularly for Qualified Helicopter Instructors...

so the repair cost EXACTLY £100,000 on the nail? Sure it did. 20 for the repair,a few in envelopes for selected friends and the rest is the mark-up.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you want to set the cat amongst the pigeons - how about bringing back the gay class names for the T32

The left will eat itself - total meltdown

Gay - inclusive score a plus for the guardian and LGTBQ - but its on a shooty warship so now some one will declare it homphobic since it implies gays are violent

Feminists now outraged theres no HMS Lesbian and its Mysogony

Guardian also outraged (but on a differrent day to when they support it ) that by using the name gay its excluding Muslims and so now its Islamaphobic.

I would include Abbott and Lammy get out raged theres no HMS gay Black and cite it as an example of Racism white supremacy etc - but lets be honest if you did have a ship called HMS Gay Black - those 2 woud be outraged and cite it as an example of Racism white supremacy etc

And for fecks sake nobody suggest the Tribal class
I prefer the Culture vessels of Iain M Banks, e.g. No More Mr Nice Guy, So Much For Subtlety, Of Course I Still Love You, Funny, It Worked Last Time..., I Thought He Was With You, Ultimate Ship The Second, &c

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hunt class.

Named after, err, (fox) hunts.

To be honest, I'm surprised the 1st Woke Brigade have not cottoned on to this connection, and demanded they be renamed.
Could I suggest HMS Quorn as a future name for a Hunter class? I see two positives in my choice:

1) The Quorn Hunt in Leicestershire - sorted.

download.jpg

And to keep the woke and vegan outrage bus from blowing a gasket

2) HMS Quorn, so named because of that deliciously tasty meat alternative

images.jpg

The Hunt class MCMV were all named after fox hunts. In fact we did have a HMS QUORN, probably sold off now. The original Hunt Class Destroyers did excellent work in WWII. GRP is really good for taking a blast but a bit of a nightmare when firefighting in it. There was a batch made in Scotland I believe that suffered due to the builders inexperience of GRP. A number of them had 'patches' that were thinner than they should have been. HMS MIDDLETON was one if I remember rightly. A certain Hunt Class Captain got it wrong when berthing in a foreign port and he badly staved in the starboard quarter. The Engineers and one dabber who had done boat building in college worked all night to repair the damage in the dark. No report on the damage was made and no beer was bought for the boys by way of a thank you!

You’ve never been drinking with Jarrod then!
No - Ive never even met the gentleman* although I know enough to guard my socks should i remove them

*Had I been living in the UK im sure i would have done - if only for dog related things

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
If you want to set the cat amongst the pigeons - how about bringing back the gay class names for the T32

And for fecks sake nobody suggest the Tribal class
You mean the village people class?
Gay Archer
P1041​
Vosper (Portchester)​
August 20th 1952​
Gay Bombardier​
P1042​
Vosper (Portchester)​
August 20th 1952​
Gay Bowman​
P1043​