I saw a FANY today

Perhaps not a particularly illuminating topic, but as I've never seen one before, I thought I'd mention it.

At first, I thought she was a WW2 re-enactor, kitted out as an ATS girl, then I noticed the FANY shoulder flash. Thoughts of Poppy came to mind (was that you?).

High heels and a mahoosive metal badge on her breast (she probably had two - breasts, that is - but my attention was drawn to the badge). (The high heels were on her shoes, incidentally).

She was soliciting on a street corner - you know, that one that leads from Sloane Square towards (ex) Chelsea Barracks - but I didn't see what charity she was collecting for as she was too distant and I was in a hurry.

Perhaps if she's there tomorrow and I've got a couple of quid in my pocket, I'll give her one.

JoseyWales said:
Sharp left off Piccadilly underpass into Shepherd's Market. Ten poun no Lubber.
So there's more than one FANY out there, then?

putteesinmyhands said:
Perhaps not a particularly illuminating topic, but as I've never seen one before, I thought I'd mention it.

At first, I thought she was a WW2 re-enactor, kitted out as an ATS girl, then I noticed the FANY shoulder flash. Thoughts of Poppy came to mind (was that you?).

High heels and a mahoosive metal badge on her breast (she probably had two - breasts, that is - but my attention was drawn to the badge). (The high heels were on her shoes, incidentally).

She was soliciting on a street corner - you know, that one that leads from Sloane Square towards (ex) Chelsea Barracks - but I didn't see what charity she was collecting for as she was too distant and I was in a hurry.

Perhaps if she's there tomorrow and I've got a couple of quid in my pocket, I'll give her one.
Is it Chelsea Flower Show already? We collect for (I think ) ABF there - wasn't me - the metal badge on chest is usually wings...........

putteesinmyhands said:

If you come to the curry night in Putney next month, and Poppy does her stuff, the pub should be full of FANY. Who could resist?

Poppy said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Is it Chelsea Flower Show already? We collect for (I think ) ABF there - wasn't me - the metal badge on chest is usually wings...........
Wings you say? ........ Bro.... best not :oops:

Wings? It isn't Legs is it?

LordVonHarley said:
Poppy said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Wings you say? ........ Bro.... best not :oops:
French parachute wings - some of the girls have done the course at Pau

a bloke in my TA centre mrs in in FANY, not that attractive though

Thats nothing, I'm surrounded by cnuts here.

Is that taxi for me?

my department at work is actually full of fanny,
wait, why am i leaving again?

I work at a University. Nothing unusual for me.

They came to visit us on Joint Venture 2006. After sitting round all afternoon waiting for the "large group of TA nurses", I have to say it was one of the biggest disappointments of my decade of service.

Sandbanks said:
putteesinmyhands said:

If you come to the curry night in Putney next month, and Poppy does her stuff, the pub should be full of FANY. Who could resist?
A pub full of FANY, is that like the legendary "busload of nurses"?

From the FANY web site
"At the end of September, the Ecole des Troupes Aéroportées (ETAP) commemorated the 60th Anniversary of the original parachute school in Béarn. The anniversary coincided with Saint Michaels Day (the patron Saint of the military Parachutists) and also the 10th Anniversary of the partnership between ETAP and the German airborne school.

The CO and the 'winged' members of the Corps were delighted to attend the important occasion. The two day event commenced with a jump from a World War II Dakota, much to everyone's delight, which was vastly different to jumping from the Transall C160. The weather was glorious and perfect for parachuting, although the lack of rain meant the ground was rather solid!

The following day was a more serious affair, with Catholic Mass followed by a ceremony and parade. Afterwards we were treated to a spectacular skydiving demonstration - some canopy relative work where the parachutists displayed French and German flags, and the French pathfinders who dropped with kit, weapons and even a dog! We were suitably impressed!

There were a number of nationalities represented for the occasion so it proved to be a good opportunity to meet other airborne nations, all of whom were fascinated by the Corps. The event closed with a fabulous buffet lunch and a chance to make a few contacts along the way - who knows where we will be parachuting next! "

jimmys_best_mate said:
They came to visit us on Joint Venture 2006. After sitting round all afternoon waiting for the "large group of TA nurses", I have to say it was one of the biggest disappointments of my decade of service.
actually what that should have read 'a group of large TA nurses' and she probably couldn't get in through the door.

Sandbanks said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Now, that's actually a scary thought.

I used to do a lot of work near their TAC (or whatever it's called - the one shared with London Scottish/Rifles or whatever they're called now) and had the impression that FANY were to QARANC what RMons are to RE. Since joining ARRSE and reading through their website, I suspect that the "Nursing" bit is a cover. They're actually the Barbie SAS, aren't they?

I've been through the ARRSE album looking for muscular females with pink & nasty taped over their eyes, but to no avail.

To put it simply, they worry me. You could engage one of them in innocent conversation and find yourself being physically abused and the subject of sexual humiliation. I bet they all have camera phones, too, so you could find your abuse on YouTube.

Having now seen one, I realise that it would be so easy to fall into their trap. The one I saw yesterday was in the company of two Scots Guards. They were nowhere to be seen today, so I can only assume that they've been assimilated into a FANY training exercise. Poor buggers.

putteesinmyhands said:
To put it simply, they worry me. You could engage one of them in innocent conversation and find yourself being physically abused and the subject of sexual humiliation. I bet they all have camera phones, too, so you could find your abuse on YouTube.
Yes and its never just the once either is it... :roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Melchett RLC 8257
BLOODY_TIPRAT The NAAFI Bar 17
Mighty_doh_nut Aviation 5