I regret never having seen...

I never saw Daisy Chainsaw, and they are one of the few Punk bands not to reform at some time or another. My sister has seen them quite a bit and she had a boyfriend at the time, whose band did quite a few gigs with them. Katie left and formed Queen Adreena, who I saw at the Little Civic in the 90s.

I never saw 7 Year Bitch either. The bassist, Liz was quite tasty as well.

Nope,saw everyone I wanted to see from Dylan in the 60's to my last concert in the early 80's at the Waldbuhne in Berlin, watching Bob Marley, who started a 2 hour set at 22:00 and, was still going at 03:00 the next morning. I finished up listening to him on my Balcony, drinking a botle of 'dago red' (lambrusco) ! Didn't get much better than that.

I also regret not going to The Dell as an adult to watch Southampton play at home before they moved.

*Xenon was a tiny club by the church on Piccadilly, deffo an 80s phenomenon, tigers in cages, waitresses/bar staff (female only obvs) in leotards and tu-tus.
Are you sure you didn't accidentally wander into The Rocky Horror Picture Show playing nearby ?!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Are you sure you didn't accidentally wander into The Rocky Horror Picture Show playing nearby ?!
At the time, RHPS/RHS was showing on the Kings Road, as a born Londoner, I think I know where I was and it was definitely Piccadilly.

I also regret not going to The Dell as an adult to watch Southampton play at home before they moved.
Oddly enough, the only professional football match I have ever watched was Southampton, at the Dell, playing oooh I've forgotten. It was 1969 or 70 so I have an excuse.

And about that time, I started playing rugby.

I'll match that with the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970. Incredible line-up.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm not that old.
I was at boarding school at that time.
A good mate of mines' father was CO HMS Daedilus at the time .
My mate Colin, aged 14, overflew that Concert, sunny day, feet out the door in a Wessex.

Couldn't hear much I guess but watched history being made.
( Later fought with 42Cdo on Corporate )

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I suppose that the occasional Splinter Group and similar gigs meant some kind of an income (not that he'd thank anybody), but they always had a whiff of exploitation about them, to me. He's clearly not up to the job and most of the time he was just there surrounded by other people ghosting. A lot of adoring fans are blind (deaf?) to it.

I've seen some of the live stuff on YouTube and when the camera goes to him, he clearly isn't playing what is being heard. As you say, it's not being fed to the desk.

It's not how I'd like to see him.
Splinter Group, still a good band though. The wheels if I remember rightly fell off right before an American tour. But he did some stuff latterly called Peter Green and friends.

Big benefit gig for him the other night in London

O Zangado

War Hero
I would like to have seen Paul Mccartney when he toured his "Run Devil Run" album, his backing band included Dave Gilmore and Mick Green, can't do much better than that.
Not trying to be smart or anything, but do you mean Dave Gilmore, jazz guitarist, or THE David Gilmour, him what also strummed a bit?

Back in the late sixties, my late wife was married to an international head chef working in 'Murca. During that time she met several of the Hollywood glitterati such as Bob Hope and Bogart, but particularly most of the Rat Pack including Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr., who she reckoned was one of the most talented all round performers ever to tread the boards.

I wish I had met her then and we could go back to see one of those legendary post concert gigs they did in Las Vegas.

OZ

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
oh....and the completely bonkers B52s back in the day, around 1980

Latest Threads