I need info guys

Discussion in 'REME' started by nii_adjei, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. hey guys i'm thinking of joining the military engineer - electricals or vehicle mechanic.
    can anyone give me info on both jobs so, it will help me a lot im a bit confused at the moment

    Copied from blogs (original entry) - post comments here.
  2. Military Engineer?
  3. Don't make the biggest mistake of your soon to be military career. Military Engineer is the Sappers. Veh Mech is the REME.

    Good luck
  4. thanks a lot... which one has better civi opportunities..?
  5. Sixty

    Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

    Um, yeah. I punted it in here from the Blogs forum since he mentioned VMs and 'electricals'
  6. Fugly

    Fugly LE DirtyBAT

  7. Fugly

    Fugly LE DirtyBAT

  8. I'm not sure I can help with advice about joining the Army to get a trade to be better off in civvie street. Starting resettlement before you've even joined up is either, a little premature or amazingly switched on.

    Watch and shoot, Watch and shoot.
  9. Ok what i believe your asking is
    RE-Electrician which incorporates combat engineering, so your a housing electrician but your main job would be combat engineering which is demolitions, bridging and mine/IED clearing. Any obstacles in the way you clear or get over. Requires C grades English lang, Maths and science

    REME Mechanic A Mech fixes vast range of equipment from Challenger 2/ Warrior and can work on range of B vehicles aswell. B mechs work on large array of wheeled vehicles from Artics down to landrovers and other tonker toys. Requires D grades English lang, Maths and science.

    More technical trades for REME require C grades.

    Look on the Army web site or go into your local ACIO