I Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by janedoe, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay there is something, bugging me out, on the list of things to bring, we are asked to bring lace up shoes, now my problem is i don't know, what sort of lace up shoes to buy, i am so confused and i am stressing out, i don't know what the shoes are going to be used for, so i want to make sure i get ones that are appropriate. so i need some one to shed some light on this for me. and if you know of anywhere i can get these shoes, i would really like to know...i have been every where in town today trying to get these shoes...but i am stuck...so i need Help...

saw these ones on amazon...www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001ANOTYY/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

would they be appropraite enough...?
  2. They look sensible enough, just an idea, try Clarks for a similar thing you'd get a decent pair for less than £30.

By the way, nice to see you typing in "Humanspeak" ...lol... :wink:
  3. I'm a STAB, so I don't really know about such things, but I've got an idea about what they're after and I'm still awake so I'll reply.

While the Army tries hard to be inclusive, it has a tradition of soldiers being men that it finds difficult to overcome. A bloke would understand what is meant by lace-up shoes.

Lace-up shoes are worn when you're trying to be smart. They look better with shirt and tie and trousers than a pair of grotty trainers.

This is the niche that you're required to fit into.

Presumably, you're required to bring some smart attire, so the shoes are intended to match that. In your case, that will probably mean black polishable flatties (or, at least, minimal heel).

So, no, I don't think that your choice of mens' DM matt boots will go particularly nicely with a dark plain skirt and you'll spend ages trying to bull them up.

Of course, I may well be wrong about the shoe requirement, so you'd be better off discussing the matter with whoever sent you your kit list.
  4. Thanks, for the tip. I do know how to type right. I just get lazy sometimes, but that's beside the point...thanks again... :)
  5. Plain, low heeled court shoes. No bling, no fuss. Simple!
  6. If you get lazy at typing watch out when on JPA LOL
  7. It probably doesn't help that you can't buy that many smart laced up shoes for women. The last pair I had were school shoes.
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Try a Army/Navy store or Silvermans.
  9. Smart shoes to be worn with smart clothes are what is required (male or female). I know someone (male) who had smart shoes without laces and these have caused no concern either (so far).
  10. Lol them brown DM's :))))))))))))))) They are just after you to get some smart shoes thats all. If you're worried give the careers office a call jus to be sure. goodluck
  11. Black lace up for men, medium/low heeled court shoes for ladies to go with a smart suit. This does OK for Officers mess so should be OK for anywhere else.
  12. I'm sorry, but if this person has such an issue about something as inconsequential as this, is s/he suitable for the British Army? Moreover, would you like such a person to be guarding your six?

This has GOT to be a wah!

13. Nah, just a newbie stressing out, we were all there once.....at least she wants to get every detail right - good drills.
  14. Attention to detail is not a bad thing at all. Good Luck.
  15. thanks for all the coments, i have actually ordered a pair today...www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001GZEYW8...

and to all those people who question why this bothers me, is cos i want to come up with something that is suitable, and appropriate than come up with something that is not acceptable...

but i do hope this is good enought, bought it already so it's gatta be good enough... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.