I need help! Going for my interview with my sgts boss.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SoulCal93, Dec 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok i have done my 1 day selection last week thursday and i have just met the sgt thursday and i now have an interview with his boss tuesday coming.

I am normally good with icebreaker's but i am scared of mucking up or making myself look like an idiot.

Can anybody give me adive on what to say please?

If i pass this my sgt is going to try and get me to do my 2 day selection before christmas so this is very important and i need to get it right. No mess ups. And hopefully i can get in January and do a army college since im doing juniors, they said my b.a.r.b test was good i got 65%

I am currently joining as a recce Royal armoured corps and regiment is the Queens Royal Lancers.

My recruitment office is in Coventry just incase anybody is curious.

2. Good luck with your interview. Arrive smartly dressed and wearing a tie and leather shoes, not sneakers, a suit is best but if you don't possess one smart trousers and a plain shirt will do. Be polite and answer any questions as honestly as you can, if you don't know something say so but say you will find out the answer.
    Be honest about why you want to join the Army and tell him/her what you will 'bring' to a career in the Army. That is attributes you have that will benefit the Army not what you personally hope to get out of it.
    If you have to submit anything in writing do so using capitalisation where it's needed. It doesn't make you look too bright if you write everything lower case.
    Good luck and come back on here to tell us all how you got on.

3. Cheers for the reply, i am scared of making a bad impression out of myself like not knowing the answer or when i start panicking i go really quiet and i have a horrible habbit of going ur ur.

I hate these interviews but they say i did good in my icebreaker's.

4. Just spotted about using more capitals, will do.

5. Research your chosen job/reg/corps as much as possibble. Remember it's an interview so it's best to go in and be yourself and answer the questions as best as you can. You don't "need help" mate, they want to find out things about you and see if you're suitable for the Army.

6. I know what job and reg im joining and where im going to train and how long it will be but i forgot what the army college is called this has annoyed me so much! i know its in harrogate but i cant remember what its called but i think its ADC? my phase one training is the college. Can anyone tell me the army college is called please? I had most of it planned in my head, this upsets me.

7. I know what job and reg im joining and where im going to train and how long it will be but i forgot what the army college is called this has annoyed me so much! i know its in harrogate but i cant remember what its called but i think its ADC? my phase one training is the college. Can anyone tell me the army college is called please? I had most of it planned in my head, this upsets me.

8. AFC HARROGATE is wher you will be going....Be calm, be your self, turn up smart suited and botted if possible, be honest dont lie cause you will get found out. If you dont know ther answer just simply say i dont know the answer but i will find out....Last but not least goodluck pal.

9. Think before you speak and do not waffle, be concise and clear. Do not be tempted to embellish anything. Other than that as others have said, turn up smartly dressed, clean shaven (even if you don't yet shave) and tidy hair and you'll piss it. Good luck.

10. It suprises me how many people don't use that official website posted by wannabe-rifleman.. it has all the information you will need, and constant news updates on what the army is involved in, at home and on deployment. Stick it on your bookmarks.

11. I learnt sh1t loads from that site, it was a great help. To be honest preparing for the interview is common sense. Learning the info about the army/reg/corps is a given, they're obviously going to ask you about it because you want to join it. The rest of it is mostly personal so it is only you that can answer those questions, nobody else can tell you what to say.

12. Cheers for the advice.

Wannabe-rifleman your right it is common sence i have forgotten about the website and im reading through all my letters my Sgt gave me and the booklets.