I need an answer....concerning sniffer dog bootees

With ref. to the Muslim house search/sniffer dogs offending cultural sensibilities 'n' wearing bootees I need an proper informed answer from a dog handling 'Plod'

Is this real..??..or do the dogs wear them in all house searches..to protect from all the needles/broken bottles/open corned beef tins that generally litter 'villans' houses or is this at the discretion of the handler concerned..???..I do need an answer...'Please'...

thanks for the answer speedcuff..its not the availiability..makes sense..its the application...probably why I need a 'definitive' answer from a dog handler

BlueDanubeWalt said:
I need a 'definitive' answer from a dog handler
why? Do you really, really need an answer? I mean, do you actually depend upon this information? Will something terrible happen if you don't know the answer?

I believe that all animals used for searching/guarding purposes by government departments are given a set off bootees for their protection. It is at the discretion of the handler as to whether they are worn. Horses can be issued ankle and knee protectors too for when dealing with riots etc...

nuttymonkey said:
I believe that all animals used for searching/guarding purposes by government departments are given a set off bootees for their protection. It is at the discretion of the handler as to whether they are worn. Horses can be issued ankle and knee protectors too for when dealing with riots etc...
Many thanks, I need this to settle a 'discussion' with a ZANU 'Liabour' PF member

BlueDanubeWalt said:
nuttymonkey said:
Many thanks, I need this to settle a 'discussion' with a ZANU 'Liabour' PF member
I can see the importance.

hogg

Old-Salt
I've seen them used by GP dogs entering a property with loads of broken glass over the floor.
Unfortunately, the dog decided his most pressing duty was to try and remove said boots before he could crack on with a bit of searching and biting.
Sat in the doorway munching at his feet.

hogg said:
I've seen them used by GP dogs entering a property with loads of broken glass over the floor.
Unfortunately, the dog decided his most pressing duty was to try and remove said boots before he could crack on with a bit of searching and biting.
fecking bright dogs, how low does it take them to get through medical school

thegimp said:
hogg said:

7human years so 49 dog years (ish). That isn't too good as they would have a Cr4p pension when they retired.

nuttymonkey said:
thegimp said:
hogg said:

7human years so 49 dog years (ish). That isn't too good as they would have a Cr4p pension when they retired.
Thank you, you're marvellous, try the chicken in a basket, I'm here all week. :D :D :D

The_Rattler said:
can dogs have sex changes
My dog very nearly had one when he pi$$ed on my bed.

Read a very revealing piece by an ambulance paramedic called to a mosque where a woman had collapsed.

He described an absolute nightmare. Wasn't allowed into the women's section of the mosque. Couldn't he call for a female paramedic? Arguaments about taking his shoes off (can't do in mate 'elf and safety). Couldn't touch the collapsed woman because he was a man and an infidel. Friends wanted payment for translating 'cos the woman couldn't speak English etc etc etc.

Then he stated that this was all bollox.

He arrived at the mosque and was ushered straight in to where the patient was lying. She'd had a heart attack. Couldn't speak English but plenty of willing translators only too happy to help out.

She was a big lass and the others in the mosque helped get her on to the stretcher and in to the ambulance. THe translator jumped into the ambulance too to help out at the hospital. The women in the mosque like a cup of tea, sticky buns and a natter after prayers so they gave some cakes to the paramedics to eat during their break.

The moral of this story is that people who complain about muslims' human rights usually aren't muslims!

I got a set for my dog a few years back when we were training in difficult terrain. They came sort of made to measure. You printed off a page with a load of numbered circles on it and saw which circle fitted the dog's paws. And yes, dog spent more time trying to get them off than he did searching the ground. The same web site also did the leg things for horses. I bookmarked the site but it's now unavailable, so, lost interest. If I need another set I'll ask the trainer.

Latest Threads