I need a running buddy. Swindon

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by mattguide, Apr 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, I'm looking for someone to run with so that i can push myself harder than I am currently doing so. I want to get my 1.5 down to 08:30. if you are keen let me know. Many thanks.
  2. You don't need a running buddy - just set up your route between Park North and Park South, and carry an expensive iPod!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the advice I'll keep it in mind if there are no other takers.
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

5. Oh right shot Brotherton Lad! Much appreciated!
  6. As a bonus, they have some pretty tidy members. I followed one lycra-clad sylph on the bluebell run for a few miles last year before I realised she was pushing me to a 5 min pace and I had to collapse at the next water stop.
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

A nice route, too. (5 min mile or km?)
  8. Oh, km. I'm a plodder.
  9. Look in the Dogs-Why? thread in the NAAFI
  10. Have a look to see if they do a "Park run" near you. Usually on a Saturday morning about 9am for about 5km. I've done it a couple of times now where I live (not near you) but it pushes me because I hate the thought of having my 30 something ass whipped like a bitch, by a 13 year old girl who doesn't feel the need to break in to a sweat. (Has happened several times before).

I'm sure they're quite well spread around the country and free to join. You don't have to go every week - just when you feel like it.