I need a new Bos medal

P

PrinceAlbert

I've managed to snap the bar off my Bosnia medal, the bit that says "Former Yugoslavia"

I have seen a few replacements on various websites, does anyone have any experience of buying these? I know they're 10 a penny, and there are even some on Egay, but as pants a bit of metal it is, I'd still like it to look good next to it's twin.....the Kosovo one, and the others also.

So...any advice would be handy.

In fact, if anyone had a bukshee one they'd sell let me know.

PA

if only youd done this 18 months ago! I had a box full of bits of NATO gongs, ribbons and clasps that had fallen apart or hadnt been presented to people for one reason or another.
E-bay is probably your best bet, its full of clerks who robbed a handful of them from the box when they were on tour.

P

PrinceAlbert

tiger stacker said:
http://www.medals.org.uk/nato/nato005.htm

Although there are ten versions kicking about.
That ribbon's neither the Bos, or Kos one. Looks gash, no bar either.

PrinceAlbert said:
tiger stacker said:
Loads of non art 5 in Glasgow for sale.
Shhhhplendid! I live in London :)

What's non art 5?
not what you are after.

What you want:

NATO medal with ribbon and clasp for Former Yugoslavia

What you dont want:

NATO Medal with Non-Article 5 ribbon and clasp

If you wear a Non-Article 5 medal then you cannot wear either the Bosnia, Kosovo nor Macedonia medals with it.

Time machine is scrapped, cheap NAAFI crap!

P

PrinceAlbert

Filbert Fox said:
NATO medal with ribbon and clasp for Former Yugoslavia

NATO Medal with Non-Article 5 ribbon and clasp

Time machine is scrapped, cheap NAAFI crap!
Why would anyone buy that non art 5 stuff? It's arrse. Doesn't even look the same.

Its a kind of pan-Balkan medal, which started being issued, but the caveat is that you cant wear it with any of the other NATO Balkan medals.

P

PrinceAlbert

Filbert Fox said:
Its a kind of pan-Balkan medal, which started being issued, but the caveat is that you cant wear it with any of the other NATO Balkan medals.
Oh. Fcuk that then. Thanks for the info.

The back of my Bos bar broke the night before a parade, so I superglued the bar to the ribbon-no one noticed and when I had my rack redone a year later the mounter put my bar back on the ribbon with superglue again. I am due another gong with attendant remounting soon so it will probably get glued on a third time unless the tailor has a spare bar.

NATO Medal (Non-Article 5 - Operations in the Balkans)

Instituted: January 2003

Awarded: For service in the Balkan theatre of operations from 3 December 2002.

For Post UN/IFOR/SFOR tours then... first time I've heard of that one.

It turned up but if youd already done a NATO tour in any of the Balkan regions you couldnt wear it, so if you had a NATO gong for a Bosnia tour but received a Non-Article 5 gong for a Kosovo tour then the only place to put your NATO Non-Article 5 gong is in a drawer dispite it being dished out for a different operational theatre!

Latest Threads