I need a jacket that fits!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by loubella, Jul 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At present I look like a small child playing dress-up in her dads clothing as my combat jacket is way way too big.

My clothing storeman has told m that this (160/88) is as small as the Army goes. Is this really true?? I'm not the smallest person in the world and I've never noticed shorter/skinnier people to be swamped in DPM marquees.

How large do cadet sizes go?

2. check cadetdirect.com

3. Just been on there and strangely there smallest size is 160-88.
    Surely I'm taller than a cadet??

4. unfortunatly after trying several site the smallest i can find is 160/88

5. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Have you seen the average 14 year old cadet recently? I think you will find that you can't get proper issue jackets any smaller than that. It doesn't have to look that bad if you make use of the various adjustments and drawstring thingies. Anyway it's not meant to be fashion..... :)

6. why not get your unit tailor,, to mod it for you,, or ,,do it yourself,,,

7. on
    Because I'm lazy :D
    I know its not a fashion show I just don't like walking around looking like a cadet in his dads kit

8. loubella
    You appear to have a problem over your gender. In your first post you said "At present I look like a small child playing dress-up in HER dads clothing" . But now, "I just don't like walking around looking like a cadet in HIS dads kit"

9. I'm a girl but for some reason I assume that all cadets are male and all small children are female - don't know why

10. You need to rememberthat the Army only has two sizes, too big & too small.

11. Ok now we've established you're a girl and you must be petite as your jacket's too big... you can feel free to PM me or post some pictures!! :D

12. Just wear your civvies, sure no one will mind!

13. once upon a time Silvermans used to stock "Gurkha" jackets claiming they were for, ahem, Gurkhas. These were small and many cadets (myself included) got them as they were the only ones that would fit.

Had a quick look on thier overpriced web site and it doesn't look if they sell them anymore si fat lot of use that trip down memory lane was

14. And if anything should actually fit you,you should be sent to the MO for a discharge medical as you are almost certainly DEFORMED! :lol:

15. Loubella should not worry about the kit being too big, as I recall, in no time at all, it will most probably be too small. Not in height though.
    It was a well known fact that the rank of a WRAC was directly proportional to the size of their arrse.

Sorry, I know. This isn't the NAAFI - knuckle rapping accepted. Couldn't resist it though - probably my age!!