I need a high collar jumper for winter

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Speedy, Nov 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My old Norweigian(?) jumper I blagged in Sarajevo many years ago has finally given up the ghost and now winter is upon us I'm after a new one. I have, unfotunately not had much joy in locating one. I have found these Austrian ski jerseys for a reasonable price at Feltons in Preston but I'd prefer a replacement for my orgional. Does anyone know where to get these from?

Attached Files:

• 816.jpg
      816.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Nice, but I prefer a higher collar, and not keen on the zip. Makes it look like a cardigan!!

3. And what's wrong with cardigan's? No old man's wardrobe is complete without it!

TPBD

4. Give it 10 years and I may be warming to the idea, but at 40 I still wouldn't want to commit full time to middle age yet.

5. Take it from one standing facing the abyss at 49.
    Cardigans don't look any better now!!
    The cheeky girls however........

6. You might like to consider a merino wool neckwarmer, just goes over the head and it can then be used with any type of layer jumper. You can pull it over the mouth and up to the eyes, so a thermal noggin warmer and you are ready for the coldest weather..or sexual assault, whatever.

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I bought one of the Austrian things, as pictured, at an Army surplus shop in Vienna. It's absolutely massive, it packs down to about the size of an arctic sleeping bag, it's heavy, itchy as **** and the collar is so high it comes up to my eyes when done up. The material is too thick to role down like a polo neck. Personally I think it's a pile of shite.

If that's the look you really want though, get an RN submariner's jersey and dye it green.

8. Fjallraven do something very similar.

82882_633.jpg http://www.fjallraven.com/produkte/Softshell-Fleece-und-Strickwaren/Stuga-Sweater