I might be going soft, but....

I read on another papers site that rendering First aid can get you into a heap of trouble there.

Maybe one of the more far flung arrsers can confirm/deny if that is possible?

If it is true then I can sort of understand why people are loathe to get involved.

Much like people standing and watching someone getting their head kicked in on a Saturday night.

I read on another papers site that rendering First aid can get you into a heap of trouble there.

Maybe one of the more far flung arrsers can confirm/deny if that is possible?

If it is true then I can sort of understand why people are loathe to get involved.

Much like people standing and watching someone getting their head kicked in on a Saturday night.
Its been discussed before on ARRSE, unless you do something really stupid you can't be pinched for helping with first aid.

Its been discussed before on ARRSE, unless you do something really stupid you can't be pinched for helping with first aid.
In China?

This is the same country that had photos published of girl babies left to die in the gutter while businessmen stepped over them. It hardly a surprise!!

Sorry when you were talking about people getting a kicking on a saturday night I thought you meant here.

And don't forget the baby caves. Little girls are seen as a burden in China

Sorry when you were talking about people getting a kicking on a saturday night you meant here.
Yes. As in "don't get involved or you might get arrested" here it is if you give a chav a slap and there if you render first aid.

That was what I meant when I said I can understand how it might happen.

??? Are you on the right thread? Where did abortion arrive in the story??

Do **** off child, the grown ups are having a conversation. I know it's half term, but the playstations on and grandad will be here soon to touch you where you wee from! Go and get a biscuit, there's a poppet!

Steven is right, there's been a load of high-profile legal cases where someone has gone to help somebody else, then wound up in court and paying the 'victim. A sad state of affairs when this blame culture imported from the US results in such an incident

And the moral difference between allowing a toddler to die in a gutter and aborting a healthy baby is ?
Have you considered "aborting" yourself? I'm sure the rest of us won't protest.

??? Are you on the right thread? ....Yep. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of societies outrage at this poor toddlers death when we abort healthy babies as a matter of course.

".......I'm sure the rest of us won't protest"My point exactly. We get all wound up about any threat of harm to "kids", very wound up indeed - and have all sorts of special rules about how pregnant females should be treated, .....but no one gives a damn if that same female decides its all a bit difficult and she'd rather flush the sprog down a drain. Is that not just a tad odd ?

??? Are you on the right thread? ....Yep. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of societies outrage at this poor toddlers death when we abort healthy babies as a matter of course.
shush child, as foetuses can be aborted and children are born. There is a subtle difference, as one in a collection of cells with no awareness (somewhat like your mongaloid self) and the other is actually a human being (unlike your mongaloid self)

**** it, where is the ignore function these days?