I love Paris in the springtime...I love Paris in the fall!

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Cuddles, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And indeed I do...much in the way I love any of the world's great cities when somebody's bunging me to be there plus generous expenses.

Yes I am in Paris and indeed it is the vrai printemps here today, sunny but not horribly cold. The trees are leafy and the plume de ma tante est sur le table. due to the leaves I cannot definitively comment on the whereabout of the singe - but it is a pound to a pinch of merde that he is in that fcuking arbre again.

Now normally I travel with an elite team of people who I can dine, drink and generally talk bolox too - sometimes even work related stuff. Yet I find myself here for three days and in need of a social interaction. well, I say "need"...I've got money, cigars and books. I could interact myself up a storm if I so desired, all by myself.

However are any worthy sons of Arrse - or indeed Arrse Maidens - in the great fromage ce soir? I'm thinking Versailles but the RER is five mins from my hotel and one can't play all one's games at home? Who's up for it and what suggestions for "entertainment" do you have?

No whores, no time-wasters, no miserable sods crying into their pints about how England was robbed by France - get over yourself , how do you think supporting Scotland feels all the time? Well now you know.

2. msr

msr LE

Is that a euphemism :) ?

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you can't find anything else to do, go to the Paris Catacombs. Very interesting tour.

4. There's one Combat Stress T-shirt wearing maiden in that fair city ( see what I just did there) Have you brought your Ron Hills and Silver Shadows with you?

5. Indeed. You can even get your legs blown up down there by a grubby roma harridan.
    Apparently.

6. Alas they close at 16 o'clock and I am trysted out at Elancourt until at least then. However I have visited twice before, once in the 1980s as a guest of the French Army...possibly one of the most drunken experiences of my life btw...and then again in the 90s with a girlfriend. Funnily enough I didn't get bored with letting her drift ahead before then spooking her. She apparently did because when we returned from Paris, she elbowed me. To be fair, she was in her element in the catacombes! I was a bit worried they might refuse to let me bring her out.

7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Let me get this right. You wanted your then girlfriend to come out? Was she the female equivalent of a friend of Dorothy?

8. I don't technically possess Ron Hills despite having a pair on issue! They went the way of all flesh some years ago. As for the running thing, my feet and lower legs are in bits - old age is catching up with me. I think the clue is "sit" "cigar" and "book"...

9. No she was somewhat skeletal in design and I hadn't got a property pass for her! It was more a bit like the time I feared getting into trouble for sharing a bun with her several times successor at the zoo. There was a FOB sign saying "please don't feed the elephants", and I worried that an inexperienced keeper might slap a FPN on me...

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Tee-Hee ! Cuddles, if you are up for the full tour of Paris in an hour Fair Maid O'Perth would I am sure be happy to sprint round with you.....in return for a few Euros on her sponsorship page !

We are duly envious, dagnabbit.

<< mettez vos boules la-bas, bleu! >>

11. Cuddles, check your pms :D

12. Cuddles, I was going to say that if you fancy a 700km roundtrip then there's 48 cold beers in my fridge. Though the nightlife in this part of France finished about an hour ago.

But I see you've already been sorted. :)

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Don't forget the butter

14. Paris is one city that i find great to just wander about, almost every time iv'e been on my own there I had a great time just doing that, as opposed to trying to keep my gang of pissed up navvys, or rugby supporters out of nick

15. Dijon was particularly pleasant this morning.

Though the visit to Ikea wasn't.