I love my motorcycle

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
This place is always worth a visit, the cafe is ace, and the has an amazing collection of 70s motorbikes along the wall
most are for sale

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
That is always something that used to bother me. The whole ‘bikers’ thing and how some seemed to think that just because I enjoyed riding on two wheels then I must automatically have the same ideals and attitude as them.
It’s probably why I rarely rocked up to meet ups and ‘biker’ events.
We have a weekly meet up to raise money for charity
Its always at a different pub
I ever attend anymore due to the antics of the yob element
You get a cadre of blokes showing off loud pipes, speeding, threatening car drivers, a bunch of mongs who you never see more than 20 miles from home

Don’t know about feeling flush but if I could afford such a thing I’d still feel bloody nervous sat on it, even with the engine off.
I`d be more concerned that when I went for a hipster coffee in Chelsea (You wouldnt take this to a truck stop) and turned my back on it some little sh!thead would nick it and be riding off on wasteland somewhere.

That is always something that used to bother me. The whole ‘bikers’ thing and how some seemed to think that just because I enjoyed riding on two wheels then I must automatically have the same ideals and attitude as them.
It’s probably why I rarely rocked up to meet ups and ‘biker’ events.
Same here , I dont feel the feel the need to be a member of a club/gang or biker group , prefer to do my own thing , one of my bikes is a H-D but you wont see me at HOG or the likes meetings , they seem to be a load of out of shape blokes talking bollox and the women are generally well past their sell by date, liking V Twins is my reason for having a H-D .

Same here , I dont feel the feel the need to be a member of a club/gang or biker group , prefer to do my own thing , one of my bikes is a H-D but you wont see me at HOG or the likes meetings , they seem to be a load of out of shape blokes talking bollox and the women are generally well past their sell by date, liking V Twins is my reason for having a H-D .
With both MC clubs I am in we have turned up for the first time to be met by nervous owners.
Afterward they ask us back because we are friendly and spend a lot.
In 1998 I organised a rally at the Block cock in south Moulton, North Devon.
On the Friday night the owners had organised a singer called Allison as entertainment.
When she saw us she built a barricade out of chairs and tables in her corner for protection.
An hour later she was performing her act in the centre of the pub having a whale of a time.

1643624810860.png

Found this yesterday on FB, certainly rocks my boat. Just know it’s a Suzuki DR800 that’s been transplanted into a road frame, for the French owner to blat around the Pyrenees.
9EE8A068-CB2D-42FA-BF98-E3FE6DD6E34F.jpeg
967C20FF-34FC-492E-8417-5A296DFB95AA.jpeg

Johned

War Hero
I am fortunate to have lived to a great age; an old work colleague of similar dotage, rang me the other evening and we got chatting about our eventual demise and what would we like in the afterlife. I said I would like a Hornby electric 0 gauge railway layout and a BSA Golden Flash. Both things I missed out on this time around! The first because my dad couldn't afford a setup and WW2 stopped production and the second because busily and expensively raising a family prevented me from having one. I did stand in awe though when looking at our brother in law's Vincent HRD Rapide.

Took my Lil Breva in for MoT and arranged to take in 4*4 litres of waste oil and 3 old batteries.
A piece of advice, don't put 3 old Guzzi batteries in your top box and expect the bike to handle.
I then took it to Lidl and bought 12 single malts in order to prove it was the batteries not the oil.
Handled fine coming back.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought that was the real thing for a minute!!
When I visited Overloon, I was surprised by how many engine variations Harley Davidson had produced for the war effort

Latest Threads