I love my motorcycle

colinmc400

Old-Salt
This ended up being my last motorsickle in 2011 and the only road bike i owned in Australia. In fact i had not had a road bike for many years, after spending most of my previous 15 years only racing or going to track days before we moved to Aus(First pic is me on a GSXR 600 at Mallory Park in maybe 98 or 99). Probably shouldn't have bothered, as the roads around Perth Aus are not really good for spirited riding. Lots of fast, straightish roads and certainly not mid Wales/Abergavenny Grand Prix type stuff.

This was a low miles, 2005 model CBR1000RR when i got it and i spent a year slowly sourcing and fitting some really nice bits for it and the full Arrow system, with custom Power commander map, made it sound as good as any of my race bikes. But with 180 bhp and long straight roads, i could only get a buzz from trying to see how fast it would go. I got it to 290kph, with a tow from a mate on a Aprillia Mille and our aim was for 300kph, but before we could do it, i stacked the Husaberg below, head on with a pickup and that was the end of me and bikes.

Shame really, as it was my only real hobby and all my friends were basically people i rode with regularly. I slowly drifted away from them, when you don't have that common bond of interest.
GSXR.jpg
Fireblade.jpg
Berg.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
This ended up being my last motorsickle in 2011 and the only road bike i owned in Australia. In fact i had not had a road bike for many years, after spending most of my previous 15 years only racing or going to track days before we moved to Aus(First pic is me on a GSXR 600 at Mallory Park in maybe 98 or 99). Probably shouldn't have bothered, as the roads around Perth Aus are not really good for spirited riding. Lots of fast, straightish roads and certainly not mid Wales/Abergavenny Grand Prix type stuff.

This was a low miles, 2005 model CBR1000RR when i got it and i spent a year slowly sourcing and fitting some really nice bits for it and the full Arrow system, with custom Power commander map, made it sound as good as any of my race bikes. But with 180 bhp and long straight roads, i could only get a buzz from trying to see how fast it would go. I got it to 290kph, with a tow from a mate on a Aprillia Mille and our aim was for 300kph, but before we could do it, i stacked the Husaberg below, head on with a pickup and that was the end of me and bikes.

Shame really, as it was my only real hobby and all my friends were basically people i rode with regularly. I slowly drifted away from them, when you don't have that common bond of interest.
View attachment 580218View attachment 580216View attachment 580217
what is it Guy Martin said about off road bikes and hospitals ?

Went off on the bike at early o'clock to have a look at the building land we finally exchanged contracts on Thursday. A tad late, what with covid, should have been ours in January. Temperature already touching the mid-80'sF, around 30C, and as humid as a Turkish wrestler's jockstrap.

IMG-2928-1.jpg

Went off on the bike at early o'clock to have a look at the building land we finally exchanged contracts on Thursday. A tad late, what with covid, should have been ours in January. Temperature already touching the mid-80'sF, around 30C, and as humid as a Turkish wrestler's jockstrap.

IMG-2928-1.jpg
You need to get a couple British Forces Veteran’s on those stickers panniers.

You need to get a couple British Forces Veteran’s on those stickers panniers.

They are very much acceptable over here, but I thought they were snotted on a bit in the UK.

They are very much acceptable over here, but I thought they were snotted on a bit in the UK.
Nah, don’t believe all the hype, being a Veteran in the U.K. now days is a lot better than it was say twenty years ago. Get yourself a British Forces Veteran sticker and a Regimental ones for the car and Bike.

Nah, don’t believe all the hype, being a Veteran in the U.K. now days is a lot better than it was say twenty years ago. Get yourself a British Forces Veteran sticker and a Regimental ones for the car and Bike.

My wah shields are tingling.

My wah shields are tingling.
Go on you know you want to!
Do you know what the AMRR is? It stands for Allied Memorial Remembrance Ride. Takes place in seven countries around the world all on the same day.
There’s two rides in the US, two in Canada, and one also in U.K., FRANCE, Sth Africa, NZ and Australia.

Go on you know you want to!
Do you know what the AMRR is? It stands for Allied Memorial Remembrance Ride. Takes place in seven countries around the world all on the same day.
There’s two rides in the US, two in Canada, and one also in U.K., FRANCE, Sth Africa, NZ and Australia.

I was unofficially made an honorary Marine, and a Marine Rider about 8 years ago - stood to attention swaying in the early morning breeze, presented with a USMC coin, and a Rider coin for conspicuous bad behaviour. The 'Qualification' involved a couple of late nights/early mornings in 'Vegas, along with copious quantities of American beer, food, and did I mention some showgirls - the Marine bar we had an invite to is next door to a locals bar off the Strip and the girls pop in on their way home.

I might tag onto that Allied Memorial Ride here in Texarrse, but I tell you now, there will be no stickers, AND I will not be tying a handkerchief on my head. Like these:

blank.gif
image.php

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was unofficially made an honorary Marine, and a Marine Rider about 8 years ago - stood to attention swaying in the early morning breeze, presented with a USMC coin, and a Rider coin for conspicuous bad behaviour. The 'Qualification' involved a couple of late nights/early mornings in 'Vegas, along with copious quantities of American beer, food, and did I mention some showgirls - the Marine bar we had an invite to is next door to a locals bar off the Strip and the girls pop in on their way home.

I might tag onto that Allied Memorial Ride here in Texarrse, but I tell you now, there will be no stickers, AND I will not be tying a handkerchief on my head. Like these:

blank.gif
image.php

Who’s the dude with the RBL Riders Branch badge?

Who’s the dude with the RBL Riders Branch badge?

Dunno, just off their website gallery. He is their Road Captain though so he is up there in their club/association.

Why not? You'll need something to keep that bald spot covered from the sun when you take your lid off! :mrgreen:

Fark orf. :)

I have no baldness. Grey, yes, bald, no.

If anyone wants a Texas flag patch shout up and next time I see some I will grab them and send them over in exchange for charitable donations to @Grownup_Rafbrat .

F6AE83A5-A2A1-4155-9CD9-23C0F91A2F32.jpeg

I took a ride up to the lovely little town of Palmerston in Southern Ontario this afternoon. Riding through the town, I spotted this wonderful old steam engine and thought it would make a nice background for my V7. The Racer should be fully run in by next week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 4482

Doesn't technically belong on this thread but -

Was washing my chicken-chaser yesterday. Its a Sinnis Matrix 3i.
Discovered a rubber tube sticking out the back that was not there before- appears to have come loose from somewhere. It starts ok and everything but Ive not actually ridden it in ages so unknown if any effect.

I text bloke at nearest Sinnis dealership to me and sent phots and he said its just a gearbox breather pipe. I didn't want to press him for further info as I was grateful he actually replied and I wasnt a customer etc.

Does anyone au-fait with mopeds etc know where it should be tucked? Is it ok leaving where it is? I gather it should somehow go inside the airbox unit. There are 2 holes underneath and the tube could be pushed in there. Should it be connected to something inside though or just loosly shoved in?

Any info appreciated.

2021-07-23 19.03.12.jpg

2021-07-23 19.03.23.jpg

@Joshua Slocum

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Doesn't technically belong on this thread but -

Was washing my chicken-chaser yesterday. Its a Sinnis Matrix 3i.
Discovered a rubber tube sticking out the back that was not there before- appears to have come loose from somewhere. It starts ok and everything but Ive not actually ridden it in ages so unknown if any effect.

I text bloke at nearest Sinnis dealership to me and sent phots and he said its just a gearbox breather pipe. I didn't want to press him for further info as I was grateful he actually replied and I wasnt a customer etc.

Does anyone au-fait with mopeds etc know where it should be tucked? Is it ok leaving where it is? I gather it should somehow go inside the airbox unit. There are 2 holes underneath and the tube could be pushed in there. Should it be connected to something inside though or just loosly shoved in?

Any info appreciated.

View attachment 591287
View attachment 591288

@Joshua Slocum
there should be a clip to hold it, make sure that it points away from the disk and caliper assembly,although I think its an engien breather, behind the plastic cover on top of the gearbox arm, is a metal clip, and I think that should hold it and point it down to the road, is it secured at the top ?

D

Deleted 4482

here is one without the airfilter and covers
I think its the clip just to the right of the letters 3i
View attachment 591397
I've asked around a bit more and been told there's a plastic post / hole sticking out of the airbox. I think Ive located it:

2021-07-24 19.21.12.jpg
2021-07-24 19.21.12.jpg

Is this something I ought to get checked out at a garage or is it no big deal if I've got it wrong?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I've asked around a bit more and been told there's a plastic post / hole sticking out of the airbox. I think Ive located it:

View attachment 591407View attachment 591407

Is this something I ought to get checked out at a garage or is it no big deal if I've got it wrong?
I would not worry
as long as the other end is connected to the housing , and it is pointing down and away from the brake or fed into the airbox
probably got knocked loose ages ago
and its still faster than a Harley Davidson !!

Latest Threads