I love my motorcycle

They are only 750 though?
Nooooo! First one with red frame is the FTR and is 1200cc. It was the base for Guy Martins Wall of death bike. The Second, The Scout is 1130cc. I didn’t post a pic of the Chief, which is just over 1800 and is the basis for their top of the range cruisers.
Just go to Indian Motorcycles U.K. alternatively by a Triumph. :mrgreen:

Fitting after market LED headlight bulb upgrades is now a specific MOT fail.
But fitting a proper approved LED headlight unit and not just a bulb is apparently fine.

Engine geekery at the weekend, a new cam on by '18 Bonneville Scrambler. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Attachments

• 20210307_123334.jpg
    20210307_123334.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
Fitting after market LED headlight bulb upgrades is now a specific MOT fail.
And suddenly now it's not!

New MOT headlight ruling change (again!) | NEWS​

72-2

Updated ruling 4.1.4 now allows upgraded headlights for our scooters

Last week we published a story about LED and HID headlight conversions no longer being permitted on motorcycles/scooters for an MOT. The new ruling comes into force today but in a last-minute U-turn, the government have updated rule 4.1.4 regarding motorcycle headlights.

The amended ruling, which comes into effect from today (22nd March 2021) means that as long as your headlight meets the MOT tester’s requirements a motorcycle/scooter can still pass using an upgraded LED/HID headlight. This ruling covers ALL Class 1 & 2 motorcycles of any age and is not to be confused with the updated ruling for cars relating to the use of halogen headlights on vehicles first used before January 1st 1986.

To summarise it, if your headlight works to the standard required it should now pass an MOT, no matter whether it’s an LED/HID/Halogen or old-fashioned bulb.

Torque is what I`m after , high torque big V Twins are fun to ride without the high odds of an early death the high HP Jap bikes tend to offer.
Maybe this is what you seek
3-23.jpg

At last, a Harley I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen riding

Assuming that's apart of a high(er) power kit otherwise not a great advert for Triumph
It wasn't being replaced due to a failure, it's an upgrade. A mild increase on lift on the intake, slightly more on the exhaust and earlier intake closing giving a small increase on the dynamic compression ratio.
I'm really please with the result, I've done about 300 miles with it now. Not much change at the bottom but the effect builds through the mid to top end. It's never going to challenge an R1 but it is way more fun.
This is on top of a de-cat/ de-baffle of the stock exhaust.

It wasn't being replaced due to a failure, it's an upgrade. A mild increase on lift on the intake, slightly more on the exhaust and earlier intake closing giving a small increase on the dynamic compression ratio.
I'm really please with the result, I've done about 300 miles with it now. Not much change at the bottom but the effect builds through the mid to top end. It's never going to challenge an R1 but it is way more fun.
This is on top of a de-cat/ de-baffle of the stock exhaust.
I’ve de catted my 1700 Thunderbird Storm, was hoping to get the ignition/ box of tricks reprogrammed and lamba censers removed at Peterborough. But at over 300 notes, that’s not going to happen.

I’ve de catted my 1700 Thunderbird Storm, was hoping to get the ignition/ box of tricks reprogrammed and lamba censers removed at Peterborough. But at over 300 notes, that’s not going to happen.
O2 sensor removal is not always necessary, but most agree that narrow band sensors are just a hinderance, and an exhaust obstruction. It may be worth talking to Hilltop Motorcycles in Leics (next door to Tr more or less) and seeing what they can do with the ECU.
T-Bird Storm is a mega machine, love it.

Latest Threads