Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my motorcycle

I am seriously thinking about selling the Firestorm, had it for 11 years. I am starting to find the riding position uncomfortable, perhaps a knee injury and falling down stairs(sober) has something to do with it.
Quite tempted by a Yamaha Tracer 900 GT. Might have a look at one next week.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
my Brother came up for lunch today, on his pea green versys
he is off to the BMW off road riding school for two days
if you see me riding around on a shiny green bike, you will know he failed the course !!

I am seriously thinking about selling the Firestorm, had it for 11 years. I am starting to find the riding position uncomfortable, perhaps a knee injury and falling down stairs(sober) has something to do with it.

I was off at the Honda dealership today picking up the number plate for the lads (actually registered to me) Honda CB300R. The bike of my dreams as a spotty yoof with no money was the Honda CB 750 in its very first incarnation. I was happy as Larry when they bought out the new CB 1100, but I will admit, I did still buy myself the BMW 1200 GS. If the GS simply did not exist it would have been the CB 1100 for me, no question.

Anyway, there I was chatting with "Chad" the tame sales bloke at HONDA DFW and I was drooling over a 5 year old CB 1100 with 3500 miles on the clock. Chad chipped in with, "no point looking at that bud, its mine from Monday". He normally just takes something off the used bike display if he wants a bike, but he told me he has over the years fallen in love with the handling and performance of the CB 1100 so he is gonna get himself this one ....... he is going to take off the old man backrest, and of course he will get it at the price they took it in at PX.

Might be worth you looking at CB 1100's if they tickle your fancy.

A buddy of mine has one. He bought it new, traded his MT09 for it - largely the same bike in sport tourer trim. He loves it.

20200906_130915_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Nice here in Cornwall.

Just a quick burn through the Cotswolds today. I stopped brew in Broadway and the owner of this 1200 joined me, had an interesting chat.
2 trumpets.jpg

mrboo

War Hero
Well that's the Honda gone

Snap 2020-09-20 at 11.30.28.png

Now back on a road bike . this is my first naked bike since i started riding bikes back in the day . I have normally Had GSXR's or Blades.

Snap 2020-09-20 at 11.24.51.png

would have liked to been out myself in glawstershire
but busy doing a project, and changing the number plate light bulb on the guzzi
bloody thing I have owned it 18 years and its just blown, as usual you dismantle half thea rse end before you find the short cut !!

Yesterday evening was a blast towards Ledbury, the cafe at British Camp on the Malverns, Worcs, Evesham and back.
Today just a run to Zirenzester on the 435 and back via Stroud and the A46. It's a better route the other way around because the 46 out of Brockworth is fantastic going up the hill, although the 435 is better going towards Ziren.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Yesterday evening was a blast towards Ledbury, the cafe at British Camp on the Malverns, Worcs, Evesham and back.
Today just a run to Zirenzester on the 435 and back via Stroud and the A46. It's a better route the other way around because the 46 out of Brockworth is fantastic going up the hill, although the 435 is better going towards Ziren.
just watch out for the peelers with the long range camera thingy

Hope you went along the B4232 upto British camp. so many people stick to the main rd around the hill and miss a great set of twisties which is only spoilt by the Sunday driver mob.

Hope you went along the B4232 upto British camp. so many people stick to the main rd around the hill and miss a great set of twisties which is only spoilt by the Sunday driver mob.

A fave road since my days as a 2 stroke hooligan in the late 80's. Yes, the sunday view-seekers ruin the road every fcuking time, in sensible cars taking granny out for one last view.

Latest Threads