Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my motorcycle

Tell me about it. Third highest number of cases and deaths in the US and yet there are those who still believe the preachings almighty orange one and walk around with no masks.

The wife closed her place down and had everyone working from home the week before it started to kick off. A de-centralised financial operation with associated call centre - everyone working from home.
I have a sister and her family in Rowlett.

Good to see that Donny has proved anyone is smart enough to run the USA......except him of course.

Hang tough pal.

I will cheers. There have been shootings at some supermarkets when people were refused entry, lots of scuffles and stroppy behaviours. There is a kiwi lass who works at my local Krogers with whom I chat bemoaning the stupidity of born here septics - we are both naturalised. She tells me that people can have some serious attitude if it is pointed out that it is county law that a mask is worn. Staff in most of the big stores have now been instructed not to approach any customers on the subject of masks.

Master Effendi has had his Grom for just a bit over a year now and shown enough enthusiasm to warrant a step up.

So after some to and fro with the local Honda dealer we got a good price and a bit of discount on a replacement and yesterday the deed was done.

The Grom is gone:

Replaced with a CB300R. The pic is the first ride he had on it, he had wanted to get straight off, but I told him to take it around the big car park next to the dealership. He thanked me for that as he shit himself with the extra power and bike height above the Grom. Today; after the second day of ownership he has put just over a 100 miles on it and is still feeling his way.

We had a look around whilst we were there and to be honest the place was pretty devoid of much, the only things really in evidence were about 30 new Goldwings.

Keyed myself up for the new cbr500, will be my first "big" bike.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Keyed myself up for the new cbr500, will be my first "big" bike.
Dont be fooled by all this big bike thing
in my youth a 500 twin was a big bike
now a 250 single has the same power, I know lots of chaps with large mahoosive motorcycles that do little more than collect the papers or ride into town, yet i know a fair few more, including ladies, who ride smaller motorcycles over real distances
One old guy unable to move a 600 around now owns a Honda CBR125 , he does not hang around either and travels far and wide

250cc. In 1987 or so it would give a reasonable 4.5 / 5 seconds to sixty and the best part of 130 mph if you're in the mood for it.
Cubic capacity is not the be and end all of fast ;)
suzuki-rgv250-vj21a-1754x_.jpg

The most fun bikes that I owned was Morini 3 1/2 and a CB500F twin. Both of them handled better than the engine power. Not the fastest but certainly the ones you had to slow down the least on.

Just had a call from the Insurance team and my GS1200 Adv is £4k over the threshold for repair so it is a writeoff.
Bugger.

So new bike time. Not sure if it will be another GS. It is a brilliant road bike but it is an ugly spud and I felt no emotional attachment to it like I have with other bikes I have had.
Could go old school and get another round eye Blade as they are great two up and my partner still wants to tour Europe, even after I managed to pile us into the back of a lorry on our first attempt.

Had a fantastic ride out today.
RV Ledbury, to Hereford, Builth, across Sennybridge trg area (sort of), B4069, looped back towards Brecon, Hereford and back to Ledbury.

TR Scrambler isn't the fastest machine in the world by any stretch, but on the right type of road there is nothing else I would rather be on. Bottom to mid range power, very flickable.

It didn't rain in Sennybridge either, however I don't have photos to prove it.

Had a fantastic ride out today.
RV Ledbury, to Hereford, Builth, across Sennybridge trg area (sort of), B4069, looped back towards Brecon, Hereford and back to Ledbury.

TR Scrambler isn't the fastest machine in the world by any stretch, but on the right type of road there is nothing else I would rather be on. Bottom to mid range power, very flickable.

It didn't rain in Sennybridge either, however I don't have photos to prove it.
I was in Sennybridge in 1980, it didn't rain then.

Another great ride out today, alone this time. A40 Gloucester to Ross, then to Abergavenny on the B4521, back to Ross on the B4233, through the Forest of Dean on the A4136 then the A40 for the home run to the Spa town. All glorious roads, perfect weather and not too much traffic.

today.jpg

I had my time with ZZRs (when the 1100 was a new thing) and got all nopety-nope with that new look.

My last 1100 was an astonishingly good bike. I'd have another tomorrow.
It got knicked, I managed to get it back but they'd managed to pretty much destroy it and it was never really right after.

The 14 is very similar in character, just more of it. Eyewateringly quick

Carbon 6

War Hero
IMG_1565.JPG

My son's mate bought one of these three weeks ago and brought it over today for me to try.
I thought it was the ugliest motorcycle I'd ever seen until I examined it up close and took it for a run. The motorcycle is superb. It's very light, brakes and accelerates like a sports bike and turns through corners with slight pressure from the knees. It handles like a dream and has one the best riding positions of any bike I've ridden, the footrests are back far enough to allow a slight lean forward. It has minimal vibration at any point in the rev range and the mirrors are clear at all speeds.
On the negative side, it has a long clutch release and tall gearing. At 100kph in 6th gear, it's just above lugging speed. The seat is very firm and I imagine that a couple of hours on the machine would be my limit.
It's obviously a European bike, it's designed to be ridden aggressively on proper roads with fast bends.
I was very impressed.

Edit: It's a 2020 Husqvarna Vitpilen 701.

Last edited:

Latest Threads