I love my motorcycle

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
It managed to survive five months in Cardiff last year, but I have to say, it kept me awake at night.
you were exceedingly lucky
triumph speed triples and GS are nicked all the time
they have gangs of spotters looking out for them
since January all BMW motorcycles sold are tracked
it has lowered the theft rate
however it would help if affluent look at me types with the full range of accessories actually locked the bleeding things up
spoke to one last week, parked outside a local store, not even a steering lock on
i pointed out that our local council estate mongs could push it away and out of sight in 2 minutes
thats it gone for good
whenever I park my old Guzzi, the disc lock goes one ( ABUS)
its also tracked, and I keep an eye on it

Big G is the same with his Hayabusa. Steering lock, alarm, disc lock as minimum.
When he "Puts her to bed" as he calls it, and sets his less than conventional alarm system, God help the idiot who attempts to nick it.

It's pimply sissing, so I've been digging through some old snaps. Found one of an old 500T Norton I had whilst at Tidworth, it was nicked from Bhurtpore Barracks in the August of '69. Reg No was GFK 6**. As a matter of not much interest I looked it up on the DVLA thingy. Surprise, surprise, the No now graces a '16 BMW 640. I wonder who got the number going again?
AFAIR I paid less than £20 for it back then. They're worth bloody fahsands now. Ah well..

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
It's pimply sissing, so I've been digging through some old snaps. Found one of an old 500T Norton I had whilst at Tidworth, it was nicked from Bhurtpore Barracks in the August of '69. Reg No was GFK 6**. As a matter of not much interest I looked it up on the DVLA thingy. Surprise, surprise, the No now graces a '16 BMW 640. I wonder who got the number going again?
AFAIR I paid less than £20 for it back then. They're worth bloody fahsands now. Ah well..
if the insurance company paid out, and the motorcycle was recovered, then it was possibly sold at auction then later on the number transferred
you cant pull the number out of the system
the origional motorcycle with frame and engine number would have been needed
in the 80s quite a few of the camel hair coat brigade bought tatty old british bikes and cars and re registred them on age related numbers and sold the plates
one of our local dodgy classic bike dealers ( so dodgy he got done) used to buy classic bikes of little old ladies, most of his went for export, and he promptly sold the numbers on at a vast profit
he is banned from being a director of a business, but oddly his son seem to carry on the same line and the same patter just down the road
the website never lists an address though ?
oh and all of his classic bikes are shite
lots of them owned by silly old gits that like to tinker with them
so BMW /6 series with rubbish chrome mudguards fitted, different headlights etc, lots of British Bitzas and fakes

Master Effendi has had his Grom for just a bit over a year now and shown enough enthusiasm to warrant a step up.

So after some to and fro with the local Honda dealer we got a good price and a bit of discount on a replacement and yesterday the deed was done.

The Grom is gone:

Replaced with a CB300R. The pic is the first ride he had on it, he had wanted to get straight off, but I told him to take it around the big car park next to the dealership. He thanked me for that as he shit himself with the extra power and bike height above the Grom. Today; after the second day of ownership he has put just over a 100 miles on it and is still feeling his way.

We had a look around whilst we were there and to be honest the place was pretty devoid of much, the only things really in evidence were about 30 new Goldwings.

Master Effendi has had his Grom for just a bit over a year now and shown enough enthusiasm to warrant a step up.

So after some to and fro with the local Honda dealer we got a good price and a bit of discount on a replacement and yesterday the deed was done.

The Grom is gone:

Replaced with a CB300R:

We had a look around whilst we were there and to be honest the place was pretty devoid of much, the only things really in evidence were about 30 new Goldwings.

Strange times in Texas?

Strange times in Texas?
Tell me about it. Third highest number of cases and deaths in the US and yet there are those who still believe the preachings of the almighty orange one and walk around with no masks.

The wife closed her place down and had everyone working from home the week before it started to kick off. A de-centralised financial operation with associated call centre - everyone working from home.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. Third highest number of cases and deaths in the US and yet there are those who still believe the preachings almighty orange one and walk around with no masks.

The wife closed her place down and had everyone working from home the week before it started to kick off. A de-centralised financial operation with associated call centre - everyone working from home.
Hang tough pal.