I love my motorcycle

In 5 days time it will be 48 years since I started motorcycling, I have ridden almost daily in all that time.

One thing that is still a mystery to me, if being a racist is bad, is being a motorcyclist bad too.

Big G.. His Hayabusa is poorly. Him and his Mrs came home Friday evening in the recovery truck.
He broke down on the A40 near Monmouth, busy dual carriageway, managed to get it off the main drag though.

Recovery technician tipped up 5 hours after being called, changed the main fuse, started the bike and the Regulator started smoking and burst into flames. Cue an 18 stone Sapper on his hands and knees trying to blow the flames out. Technician doused the back of his bike in dry powder.
IMG-20200711-WA0006.jpg

In 5 days time it will be 48 years since I started motorcycling, I have ridden almost daily in all that time.

One thing that is still a mystery to me, if being a racist is bad, is being a motorcyclist bad too.
I started in May 73, but I must admit I’ve only been able to ride mostly at weekends.
It was my escape after a week as a Truck driver.

and yes we’re scum of the earth!

I have an old Yammy dt 125 lc that has been in my garage for over thirty years.
Less than six K on the clock but needs a bitt of TLC and a few parts.
Cannot bring myself to part with it as it was the first bike that I brought from new.
I suspect that in the nearish future I will have to give up the garage.
Whats the best solution, scrap/dismantle and sell parts. or sell the whole bike as one unit?

Cannot bring myself to part with it as it was the first bike that I brought from new.
Whats the best solution, scrap/dismantle and sell parts. or sell the whole bike as one unit?
Ride it :)

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I went out on mine on Sunday, first time I have ridden it for 6 months, next door have finally removed the scaffolding, used a tank of fuel pronto and put fresh fuel in, otherwise with the fuel going off the EFi light flashes on and off due to the ignition retarding back as far as it can go
I did a couple of hundred miles, and remembered why I love it so much
but far too many idiots about using the road as a race track
I also saw a Morini 250cc V twin !!
cue loads of people telling me they only made a 350 and 500

I love fixing up old toys, I'll have it ;)
All jokes I know a very good breakers yard if you need help sourcing parts.

I love fixing up old toys, I'll have it ;)
All jokes I know a very good breakers yard if you need help sourcing parts.
Thanks for replying. I need a 10v cylinder bore that will probably have to be bored out for a new piston and rings. The rest of the parts on the bike are pretty much unused.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC

Good man. I'm from the school of May '75 so that's 45 years pretty much daily, less tours abroad.
I bought my first ever 4 wheel thing in October 2018. My bikes have been the only continuous thing in my life.

Being a motorcyclist is very bad. Unless you ride a motorcycle.

Thanks for replying. I need a 10v cylinder bore that will probably have to be bored out for a new piston and rings. The rest of the parts on the bike are pretty much unused.
I'm there Friday so if you can pm me bike specs/year he'll point me to where the bits could be and I'll see what I can do/find.

I started in May 73, but I must admit I’ve only been able to ride mostly at weekends.
It was my escape after a week as a Truck driver.

and yes we’re scum of the earth!
Indeed, can we have Bikers defined as a race/religion/sex ?

Anyone watched Mayans MC? Odd fact EZ's real life GF is Emily and could be sister of his Emily in show

Where EZ puts his hands when standing, nobody in gang notices posture - eh

I have a load of spares for 125LC: most of front end and more - happy to sell

My first bike. 1964 James Comet. 98cc's worth of pure hell on the highway and handled like a llama on ice skates... with Parkinson's.

20190211_155726-1.jpg

Do it up, MOT it and draw good money , old stuff is fetching stupid money at the moment.

Morning All,
Not mine but the 1st 'Triumph' I've seen out here and I want one. Spoke to the owner, a local from Mumbai and he told me it cost 40 Lakh.
About 20+ Pun-Chavis turned up on Harleys last July 4th, on a run for Independence Day but none of them turned my head like the above.
20200805_161743.jpg

Eta: 14 Lakh not 40. About £14000

Last edited:

Latest Threads