I love my motorcycle

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
as a few of you know I like Guzzis ( I know I know)
last year my ugly brother rode to Mandello Del Lario with me to get the Guzzi experience on his Kwacker Versys 600 ( its a nice all round bike)
he loved it
the culture
the people
the style
and me breaking down
well next year is the centenary of Motor Guzzi , so he wants a Guzzi for the journey, and to keep for fun
he specifically wants a V35, problem being they were never imported here, as they are designed for a different insurance and licence class in Europe
Also he is 6 foot 4
so his knees would bang on the bars
well as luck would have it a club member is selling his V35 Tutto Terreno ( all terrain) as he has trouble with his legs
a few people were making silly offers, I asked outright what he wanted for it
told me bro, didnt haggle just transferred the dosh
the bloke has owned it for 20 odd years, is a very skilled engineer
hopefully next week we will go and collect it
what I didnt tell him is as well as being very low powered its also geared even lower than a standard V35, flat out 80MPH
hehehehe
its going to be a long slow journey to Italy, on the upside 80mpg
89045897_10158134192841598_8528064286726029312_n.jpg
88268564_10158134192836598_4505988419461054464_n.jpg
88347121_10158134192986598_3004245167315091456_n.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
so many people go on about the past
but the future is amazing so many new ideas new technology
and new old bikes
at last people are starting to cotton on that a 300cc to 500cc motorcyle can do most things that you need for transport and fun
lithe light fuel efficient and easy to ride and repair

so many people go on about the past
but the future is amazing so many new ideas new technology
and new old bikes
at last people are starting to cotton on that a 300cc to 500cc motorcyle can do most things that you need for transport and fun
lithe light fuel efficient and easy to ride and repair

I do like the look of those Enfields. Anybody tried one?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Well After a late lunch I drove my Brother up to collect his new motorcycle, it was bloody freezing on the way home, well according to the gauge on the car ! I did open with window in sympathy, but even with the heater on it was chilly, but I felt I had done enough to join his plight
Fast it aint
but it spins up easily enough and sings along at 60mph at 6K revs
handling is good and everything works
came with a load of spares
some extras and just had a service and new battery
I was not sure whether he would like it after his big kakamaki
but the grin gave it away
no ABS, no electronics no nothing just a simple heronhead engine with points ignition and carbs
he left this morning to ride through or over Boris's barriers in the Apocalypse that is South London
IMG_1858.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG

Another story has just emerged from the Norton mess. It seems the ex CEO Stuart Garner was asset stripping as late as January.
He sold the manufacturering rights and all the tooling for the 961cc parallel twin to the Chinese company Jinling. He really is turning out to be a right cnut!!!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
a big seller for the factory as they are now stopping production of the venerable bullet

Seriously thinking of a new Bullet 500. Main mileage at the mo' is on a Bonnie, '09, which makes me go too fast, and it's making me grunt to centre stand it. I don't do much M way stuff now, so a 500 one lunger should give me enough.
As the jock geezer said "the best laid plans..."
Who knows>

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Seriously thinking of a new Bullet 500. Main mileage at the mo' is on a Bonnie, '09, which makes me go too fast, and it's making me grunt to centre stand it. I don't do much M way stuff now, so a 500 one lunger should give me enough.
As the jock geezer said "the best laid plans..."
Who knows>
Get in quick because they are stopping production soon

It seems that the defunct Norton business started by Stuart Garner is soon to be in the hands of another Indian Company, TVS reputedly the 7th biggest M/C manufacturing business in the world.

Get in quick because they are stopping production soon
No rush mate. Old gits buy 'em, thinking they're all young again, sell 'em 5 years later with less than a thousand miles on 'em. Carefully run in, and regularly polished. That's how I got the current Bonnie. 107 miles on it.

Not sure if I should post this in here or the emperors thread.
Mad Sapper mate with the Hayabusa nearly took his face off earlier. His bike is parked up underneath his deck area. Ground anchors front and rear, chain through the frame, alarm etc etc. However, he's also booby trapped it with an alarm mine, this has got a full size shotgun shell in it.

Guess who went under his deck after something from his toolbox and forgot to disarm the booby trap.

He's lucky he's only gone slightly deaf.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
No rush mate. Old gits buy 'em, thinking they're all young again, sell 'em 5 years later with less than a thousand miles on 'em. Carefully run in, and regularly polished. That's how I got the current Bonnie. 107 miles on it.
Yes I was thinking that just after I posted, but I am a bit tired today, a friend bought one a few years back a 350 same scenario hardly ridden, got the kit from Hitchcocks to convert it to a WW2 Don R lookalike
looks the bees knees now

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure if I should post this in here or the emperors thread.
Mad Sapper mate with the Hayabusa nearly took his face off earlier. His bike is parked up underneath his deck area. Ground anchors front and rear, chain through the frame, alarm etc etc. However, he's also booby trapped it with an alarm mine, this has got a full size shotgun shell in it.

Guess who went under his deck after something from his toolbox and forgot to disarm the booby trap.

He's lucky he's only gone slightly deaf.
Given how many motorcycles are still being stolen, his test was probably worthwhile
at least he will know how a thief feels, and be best placed to injure them

Given how many motorcycles are still being stolen, his test was probably worthwhile
at least he will know how a thief feels, and be best placed to injure them
I think he realised his error with a nanosecond to spare tbh.
On the bright side though, he's happy that it works!

Latest Threads