I love my motorcycle

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
If I were in the UK I would be going too. But I'm not, so I can't.
It will be full of hipsters.
ye hundreds of them
all wearing ponytails and beards and pre worn leather
and drinking lattes
the big Jessies
but on the upside its has created a Renaissance in motorcycling and we all benefit
even the scruffy poor as church mice old gits like me that actually ride a motorcycle

ye hundreds of them
all wearing ponytails and beards and pre worn leather
and drinking lattes
the big Jessies
but on the upside its has created a Renaissance in motorcycling and we all benefit
even the scruffy poor as church mice old gits like me that actually ride a motorcycle

Have you ever been to The Bike Shed in Shoreditch?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you ever been to The Bike Shed in Shoreditch?
Yes it was painful to watch, however I realise that without these young people, their vitality, their ideas and dreams motorcycling would die
we had a great day at the Bike Show, my oldest grandson came along, hes not into motorcycles but thoroughly enjoyed the day and made several interesting comments

you are all so different, but get along like a family, even black people chat away and no one notices their colour !
I pointed out that we are all interested in the same thing, and its a brother hood, also many of the greatest motorcycle customisers were black dudes

Girls talk to men about motorbikes and men listen
Why not lots of girls ride motorcycles, some of them very fast

You all get down on your hands and knees to look at things and nobody gets embarrassed
Ah well thats how you spot the details

He also liked the cable car across the Thames ( you can use your Oyster card)
not so much myself as I hate heights, my brother bottled it and went across on the tube
it was a bit windy at the top, not helped my my grandson swinging from the rails, the little sod

All in all an excellent day, seeing all of Barry Sheenes bikes was a rare treat, I did race against Barry once but I dont like to talk about it

one Company called Mutt Motorcycles are very busy, they produce a motorcycle using a Chinese engine ( Honda Clone) but everything else is made or assembled in house, they make real motorcycles nice and light and fun
250cc and 400cc

CFM the Chinese company are really pulling out the stops, the products are well finished and well engineered

Restored Triumph twins pull at the heart strings, they set the standard in styling and still look perfect today, I just cant stand the mechanical grief, but if money was no object I would have one as an artwork

The restored Honda 350cc G5 looked stunning and reminded what a game changer in motorcycle engineering it was, long lasting reliable and a pleasure to ride

An early Z1 looked stunning

and an early XT500 changed hands on the first day for 10 grand, the buyer admitted it was a steal at that price

My Nephew bought a hipster hat, he will get some grief for that

The MV Agusta Superveloce is an artwork in metal and carbon fibre, I am too ugly to ride it

Big scooters are really coming up, all of the major manufactures sell them now, and on most road they will perform better than a motorcycle

10 out of 10 for the show

IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG
IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1752.JPG
IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1756.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG
IMG_1763.JPG

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Operation Venice was also represented, the very keen cop who jumped off and dropped his bike, avoided the camera, but he is a sound bloke and keen, the BMW bikes are very lithe and ideal for urban work
IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG
IMG_1768.JPG
IMG_1769.JPG
IMG_1770.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1776.JPG
IMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1784.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
What's this thing? I've only ever seen the front wheel set up on Vespas (Piaggio) before.
1581981780121.png

I'm "well jell" as the kids say. Some good pics there.

Bovver-boy Bazza was the reason I chose a Suzuki RG125 as my first bike, loved it and would have one again for fun.

A mate's dad has a 750cc (I think) scooter, it's an adventure/ off road styled thing. It's as mad as hell and I would have one in a flash. It might be a Yamaha but I can't remember.

ETA, just checked, Honda X-ADV...

Last edited:
@Joshua Slocum ta for the pics matey. Glad you enjoyed the show, make the most of it the shows will sadly be changing format over the next few years as we all start eat leaves, drive electric cars and learn to canoe with the rising sea levels.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
@Joshua Slocum ta for the pics matey. Glad you enjoyed the show, make the most of it the shows will sadly be changing format over the next few years as we all start eat leaves, drive electric cars and learn to canoe with the rising sea levels.
its a long day for me 200 mile round trip
plus the food is pricey
however if anybody is visiting, you can leave the show and return, head outside towards the cable car and their is an Italian cafe that does a full brekkie for 7 quid

A VFR owner was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of pounds for dinner.

The man took out his wallet, extracted ten pounds and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.
"Will you spend this on motorcycle parts instead of food?" the man asked.
"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't had a motorcycle in 20 years!"

"Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?
The man replied.......

"That's okay. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking and motorbikes”

Good posts Joshua. I'm looking forward to the MCN show in Edinburgh on the 7th/8th March. I'll be on the Widows Sons stall with a few of the lads. Should be a cracking laugh of a weekend. Any of your going to the show, please pop over and say hello. We'll have seats and flasks of brew, all good for a bit of banter and lamp swinging. I'm the big ugly one called Steve (names on our cuts so all us old feckers remember our own names).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
witsend The NAAFI Bar 55
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 29
wrinklyone The NAAFI Bar 124

Latest Threads