I love my motorcycle

Lovely to admire the big 'uns, but I'm still having great fun on my Honda Hairdryer.

After a few near death escapades in my youth, I realised anything bigger than 125cc would end up fatal.

No shame in trading down, when age starts to stuff you.........

It's nice to see the number of big bikers that give you a friendly nod as they drive past......

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Whats happening to them ? broken down for spares ?
Not sure, there is an epidemic of motorcycle theft at the moment
rare classics are being stolen
often from out of the way places
lots of 125s , but usually by council estate mongs
scooters by drug dealers or kids wanting to raise their profile with drug dealers
many times bikes just being pushed away
I think in time we will find somebody is giving out tips on your tube, or paying kids to nick them
one thing that occurred to me, given the amount of classic bikes and scooters being nicked, possibly some one has cracked a database of owners, or an insurance company, or one of those comparison websites
that would give you a shopping list and specs
it really is bad now
Romanians also involved as are pikeys
I suspect a portion are being broken and re sold on ebay
while others are being stripped and shipped for resale
soon owners will get so fed up with the actions of these scum that they will take the law into their own hands
there are quite a few recovery groups organised who go and actively look for bikes and stake out areas
but they are being laughed at by the council estate mongs, who have the bush telegraph and mobile phones to communicate quickly with
I have made changes to the way my motorcycle is protected, and should it be stolen I will not be contacting the police
I wish to meet the scum face to face for a chat over a cup of coffee !

Another BMW GS stolen
early hours this morning
NEC area
View attachment 401381
That'll be some Romanian pikey's pride and joy this time next week.

Classic stuff; there is always a market for hard to get bit's and piece's. I was on a job raiding some twat's lock up's once and we found a veritable Aladin's Cave of part's and bike's awaiting stripping . He used to advertise in MCN, the classic bike mag's and did auto-jumble event's. He made a nice living.

Last edited:

Such a shame I had to sell this little beauty:

But I don't have a license for it.

And besides, I couldn't handle it anyway. Just too much for me. I think these bikes were illegal a few years back? One of the fastest bikes allowed on the roads. But not for me...

I posted a photo of me on it in another thread. Posing. Yeah it's me, yeah it was my bike for a bit. No, I never rode it.

I like deserts and sand dunes.

It's my dream to get over to Africa one day and just do some desert riding. I loved riding my little bike where I grew up in the Middle East. When I could. My little ****** of a brother usually had dibs on it.

H&R

(I still got those two AGV helmets btw if anyone wants one - I'll post them out to you if anyone wants one. Buckshee for any arrse member. Just hit me up via PM.)
I actually have a real hard-on for Ducs...not joking...ever since I was a kid. I've only ever managed to graduate to Kawis....but christ those are pretty!

Love bikes, always have. Triumph Bonneville custom build for town and generally trying to be a failed Steve McQueen, GS for longer commutes and perhaps one day an adventure trip and KTM to rip about green lanes and Salisbury plain.

I really like what you've with the Bonnie, that lobstered exhaust looks great. If I could ever afford it, I'd have something like that on my Thunderbird Storm.
Just one question, I've noticed a lot of customises are fitting those tyres. Are they any good, especially in the wet? I can't help but think, their a step back in time.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Classic stuff; there is always a market for hard to get bit's and piece's. I was on a job raiding some twat's lock up's once and we found a veritable Aladin's Cave of part's and bike's awaiting stripping . He used to advertise in MCN, the classic bike mag's and did auto-jumble event's. He made a nice living.
What bothers me is that some one will pay 15 grand upwards for a nice motorbike, but wont spend a few hundred quid on extra security
I didnt even bother declaring my additional security to the insurance co, just in case a data leak occurs
if it gets touched or moved, I know about it, and will break out the fairy cakes and bone china

the cost is negligible in comparison with my excess, its a cost I didnt want to shell out, but it buys me time and keeps my property under my ownership

I did the same with my car and also included a high end cctv system, a recent accident meant it paid for itself
any one owning a beemer ( all models) a triumph ( all models) or any big Jap sports or touring bike needs to be pro active

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Birmingham is well known for motor vehicle theft, and certain sections of the community tend to be involved
generally large families as well
lots of motor cycles are stolen from Hotels, easy pickings, lots of peeps coming and going, access to major road artery's, and the fact that the owner are liable to be relaxed and or pissed

I actually have a real hard-on for Ducs...not joking...ever since I was a kid. I've only ever managed to graduate to Kawis....but christ those are pretty!

Yeah, they are super sexy bikes. But unreliable as ****. Only needs a downpour for you to have your bike back in the shop for 2 months, while Ducati **** about looking for spares. They also don't handle so well in the wet, so I am told. I'm not a rider so I may be wrong about that.

The 899 is considered to be the baby of the bunch. But to be fair, the full on ones are just about the biggest legal road beasts you can get.

I sat on my bro's and throbbed it up. **** yeah!

He loved that bike, he put all kinds of little mods on it.

It's a shame that we don't get bigger and stronger as we get older.

Keep in mind that he only took his test when he found out he had terminal cancer.

He passed that test.

On his Yamaha YZF-125

Got photos of us both on that as well, posing.

An exciting little bike.

As for Kawasakis, I used to love riding my KE-175 over the deserts in the middle east. That and a Honda Elsinore.

The Elsinore would just about rip your arms off with its high torque. Not so good on sand. But you still could nip about, bit like floating on air.

The only bike I ever rode that was as vicious as that was a Suzuki RM-125. That was just silly.

It didn't so much rip your arms off as just dislocate both your arms from your shoulders. Your head would be removed from your neck with severe whiplash. You'd just upend it with it landing on top of you. People laughing.

Good times.

One needs to be so civilised when riding bikes on the road.

Give me a dirt bike. A far stretch of sand.

Me and the bike will argue it out between ourselves. (with me usually coming off worse)

That's the way I like it.

Paris Dakar here I come. (when I get my license)

Yeah, they are super sexy bikes. But unreliable as ****. Only needs a downpour for you to have your bike back in the shop for 2 months, while Ducati **** about looking for spares. They also don't handle so well in the wet, so I am told. I'm not a rider so I may be wrong about that.

The 899 is considered to be the baby of the bunch. But to be fair, the full on ones are just about the biggest legal road beasts you can get.

I sat on my bro's and throbbed it up. **** yeah!

He loved that bike, he put all kinds of little mods on it.

It's a shame that we don't get bigger and stronger as we get older.

Keep in mind that he only took his test when he found out he had terminal cancer.

He passed that test.

On his Yamaha YZF-125

Got photos of us both on that as well, posing.

An exciting little bike.

As for Kawasakis, I used to love riding my KE-175 over the deserts in the middle east. That and a Honda Elsinore.

The Elsinore would just about rip your arms off with its high torque. Not so good on sand. But you still could nip about, bit like floating on air.

The only bike I ever rode that was as vicious as that was a Suzuki RM-125. That was just silly.

It didn't so much rip your arms off as just dislocate both your arms from your shoulders. Your head would be removed from your neck with severe whiplash. You'd just upend it with it landing on top of you. People laughing.

Good times.

One needs to be so civilised when riding bikes on the road.

Give me a dirt bike. A far stretch of sand.

Me and the bike will argue it out between ourselves. (with me usually coming off worse)

That's the way I like it.

Paris Dakar here I come. (when I get my license)
I actually wanted to get a bike here in the UK - but I needed a full on UK license after a year (which is not cheap for the accelerated route) - that combined with parking problems put an end to that. I used to use my U.S. license for the first year for hiring stuff. Still do, on the Continent.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I actually wanted to get a bike here in the UK - but I needed a full on UK license after a year (which is not cheap for the accelerated route) - that combined with parking problems put an end to that. I used to use my U.S. license for the first year for hiring stuff. Still do, on the Continent.
it would get nicked in London
the hooded scum prowl the streets as if they own them
my brother never rides his bike into london ever
stays locked and alarmed in his Sarf London garage and is only used for long trips

endure

GCM

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
That was so pleasing I had to watch it several times.
it restore my faith in humanity
the car driver was so polite to them, and yet they battered his car and threatened to kill him, a routine they had probably executed hundreds of times
the look on the mongs face as the car came back hard and fast was of real fear
I hope it did great damage

Latest Threads