I love my motorcycle

Well found that man!
Even mid 80s the value was really starting to snowball, now auction prices are eyewatering.
Doris, crack open the rum and get another bottle in.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
Vincent’s are relatively cheap when you look at the amount of money Brough Superior’s are going for. A Brough raced by George Brough in original condition, a couple of years ago went around £250,000.....

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Vincent’s are relatively cheap when you look at the amount of money Brough Superior’s are going for. A Brough raced by George Brough in original condition, a couple of years ago went around £250,000.....
I remember, when I still had all of my teeth and when ‘it were all trees around here’ that a Brough Superior was almost affordable.
Now .......
Well at least the teeth that I do have are all mine. I have the receipt to prove it.
Many moons ago I had my eye on a well documented (although somewhat buggered about with) Alpine Grand Sport that I could just about afford (SWMBO took precedent on the Airstream ‘Van which was later in the auction which we got sh*t on because some banker wanted that for ‘Papahh’. Bitch)

£2,750 for a D14/4 Bantam? For fark’s sake, I am an idiot and of course tempted. It has FOUR (read them) gears!

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
A bloke where I used to work was always going on about his Vincent
I did some electrical work for him and had a butchers
it was a bloody firefly
piss taking sod

I remember, when I still had all of my teeth and when ‘it were all trees around here’ that a Brough Superior was almost affordable.
Now .......
Well at least the teeth that I do have are all mine. I have the receipt to prove it.
Many moons ago I had my eye on a well documented (although somewhat buggered about with) Alpine Grand Sport that I could just about afford (SWMBO took precedent on the Airstream ‘Van which was later in the auction which we got sh*t on because some banker wanted that for ‘Papahh’. Bitch)

£2,750 for a D14/4 Bantam? For fark’s sake, I am an idiot and of course tempted. It has FOUR (read them) gears!

My brothers first bike was a Bantam D1, he then got a D7 as a basket case.

Well found that man!
Even mid 80s the value was really starting to snowball, now auction prices are eyewatering.
Doris, crack open the rum and get another bottle in.

we laugh, but I’ll need to put on place arrangements fur my bits post my final exit.
Dads old car and motorcross bike?
1968 Triumph Vitesse convertible, (full history file, garaged since the 70’s) and a 1972 Husqvarna, (Ex desert racer from USA). They don’t have a clue what they are worth.

Last edited:
we laugh, but I’ll need to put on place arrangements fur my bits post my final exit.
Dads old car and motorcross bike?
1968 Triumph Vitesse convertible and a 1972 Husqvarna. They don’t have a clue what they are worth.
The Vitesse is as rare as hens teeth. The Huskey try advertising in a Motox magazine, there is a class for old twin shock crossers.

JackSofty

Old-Salt
My brothers first bike was a Bantam D1, he then got a D7 as a basket case.
Love the Bantam in all incarnations apart from ‘plunger’ rear suspention beasties. Project for the future: build a racing Bantam.
Rigid frame, D10 or later front forks & D14/4 or B175 engine.
It will (?) be my miniature DBD Goldie!

The Vitesse is as rare as hens teeth. The Huskey try advertising in a Motox magazine, there is a class for old twin shock crossers.
Vitesse is insured for £22k, Husky for £5k

Vitesse prices are heading up and will bust £30k soon enough, old Husky’s are also super collectible now - regularly see good ones go for £8k+ now

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Went late one night way down S.W. London many moons ago (around 1986) to pick up a red Vitesse that had not run for Donkeys’ years that a mate paid £150.00 for.
Cracked and flat tyres had to be pumped up, sludge pumped from every engine orifice and oil tank and water added to radiator.
Time for the off, engine running OK, elecrical bits too, oh, clouds of steam and oilsmoke above and behind. Pulled in to three garages to top up on water because of the shot hoses before, at the fourth I stole the large water can to get us back to Bayswater.
Three months and many hours of work later Stuart had a crackingly lovely Vitesse parked outside for the sum of less than £1000,00. Bastard.

I saw this photograph of a rather nice Scooter. So I thought I would share it.

FB_IMG_1581160966630.jpg

Nice.

This is what scooters are meant for.
Agreed!! ;) .

But, NOT overweight, middle aged, pratts, wearing fur-trim-hooded parkas . . . :( .

Not mine, but back in the day(1976) I had the loan of one for a couple of days, just a bit to much grunt for pottering around North Yorkshire country roads, turned a head or two at Olivers Mount though.
1581171654125.png

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Mine is awaiting my skill cleaning and reassembling the poxy starter motor, if you dont use it for a month or two after its rained water gets in and seizes the armature
all stripped on the bench
bloody Valeo French thing
oddly in both of my daughters cars they never give trouble, I presume because they are located out of the way

might consider making a cover for it
also need to replace two fuseholders as I melted them trying to start it
DOH
luckily I bought a pack of 20 from Vehicle wiring products
I wanted two but didnt notice they were in packs of 10
at least I have spares for when I do it again

ps cant recommend them highly enough, excellent product range, no rubbish Chinese stuff that breaks and prompt delivery
was going to finish it today, but our pushy neighbours have slob the builder round making a mess
he already hates me as I said he cannot have access or remove fence panels
the fat chod

Mine is awaiting my skill cleaning and reassembling the poxy starter motor, if you dont use it for a month or two after its rained water gets in and seizes the armature
all stripped on the bench
bloody Valeo French thing
oddly in both of my daughters cars they never give trouble, I presume because they are located out of the way

might consider making a cover for it
also need to replace two fuseholders as I melted them trying to start it
DOH
luckily I bought a pack of 20 from Vehicle wiring products
I wanted two but didnt notice they were in packs of 10
at least I have spares for when I do it again

ps cant recommend them highly enough, excellent product range, no rubbish Chinese stuff that breaks and prompt delivery
was going to finish it today, but our pushy neighbours have slob the builder round making a mess
he already hates me as I said he cannot have access or remove fence panels
the fat chod
Are you talking about your Guzzi ?

Aye
had several days I could have ridden it
Not ment to be A piss take, I had a MK1 California in the late 80s. I found the 750/ 850 Ts used the same starter motor as the old Fiat 500 twin! So instead of paying Italian prices (read astronomical), I was quoted £85 + VAT + postage for one.
Went to the local scrapy owned by a mate who also was a biker, he’s the one who told me about the starter motor £5:00!!!!. Even a brand new one was only £40:00.

Not ment to be A piss take, I had a MK1 California in the late 80s. I found the 750/ 850 Ts used the same starter motor as the old Fiat 500 twin! So instead of paying Italian prices (read astronomical), I was quoted £85 + VAT + postage for one.
Went to the local scrapy owned by a mate who also was a biker, he’s the one who told me about the starter motor £5:00!!!!. Even a brand new one was only £40:00.
Unfortunately those starters don't fit the small blocks.
And how much would that Mk I Cali be worth today?
And if you had it I would be tempted.

Unfortunately those starters don't fit the small blocks.
And how much would that Mk I Cali be worth today?
And if you had it I would be tempted.
Even if they did fit, I dread to think how much they would be now.!
Ive had three Guzzis over the years, the California 850 T3. A SP 1000 Spada I fitted Laffriconi’s exhausts to. The third was bit special, in the 80s there was a bike dealer at Wymondham Called Chris Clark M/cvs. He ran a bike in the old BEARs race series, I brought his old road going development bike. Lots of trick parts and suspension did around 150 mph. Bloody quick for a old Guzzi twin.

Latest Threads