I love my motorcycle

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Stolen today from Filton Abbey Wood train station car park. Bike very distinctive. Has Goggles around headlamps, Left pannier and left engine bar has deep abrasion marks. Topbox left has flags of more than a dozen countries I have been on it. Handguards are clear ones with left hand guard with abrasion marks as well as bark buster hand guards. Please help...

1561762078353.png

Stolen today from Filton Abbey Wood train station car park. Bike very distinctive. Has Goggles around headlamps, Left pannier and left engine bar has deep abrasion marks. Topbox left has flags of more than a dozen countries I have been on it. Handguards are clear ones with left hand guard with abrasion marks as well as bark buster hand guards. Please help...

View attachment 401285
I had this same bike, paint job and all for 17 years.

The SUVs of biking! ;) . Love-verly! :) .
It do go very naicely, indeed. Seriously, now I am getting used to it the bloody thing is a 'king good all rounder.......the only problem I am having is with the 'fly by wire' throttle at low speed and the bloke at the dealership say's next service there is a software upgrade that should iron the problem out. But, yeah, pokey like a 250cc dirt bike, somewhat higher top speed and the big engine capability of cruising along smoothly all day.

Such a shame I had to sell this little beauty:

But I don't have a license for it.

And besides, I couldn't handle it anyway. Just too much for me. I think these bikes were illegal a few years back? One of the fastest bikes allowed on the roads. But not for me...

I posted a photo of me on it in another thread. Posing. Yeah it's me, yeah it was my bike for a bit. No, I never rode it.

I like deserts and sand dunes.

It's my dream to get over to Africa one day and just do some desert riding. I loved riding my little bike where I grew up in the Middle East. When I could. My little ****** of a brother usually had dibs on it.

H&R

(I still got those two AGV helmets btw if anyone wants one - I'll post them out to you if anyone wants one. Buckshee for any arrse member. Just hit me up via PM.)

View attachment 401285

How much do you want for it?

I always took the piss out of GS owners and their daft bikes.

Having bought one 2 months ago, I now realise that I was wrong. It is THE best bike on the road.
I adore it.
I had a GS1150 Adventure, most comfortable bike ever for me, (I'm over 6')

It do go very naicely, indeed. Seriously, now I am getting used to it the bloody thing is a 'king good all rounder.......the only problem I am having is with the 'fly by wire' throttle at low speed and the bloke at the dealership say's next service there is a software upgrade that should iron the problem out. But, yeah, pokey like a 250cc dirt bike, somewhat higher top speed and the big engine capability of cruising along smoothly all day.
And the genre's defining characteristic, the Range Rover's "command" driving (riding) position. :) .

There we go, sparrow fart this morning, cars & coffee. The little Cooper S belongs to my lad (his mother won't let him have a bike).

At the moment, I hate my f**cking ride. Typical modern Triumph, rusts worse than a 60's Fiat. Got "new" Arrow exhausts, swap 'em over, no sweat. Two studs and nuts secure pipes into head. Secure, they're there for ever. Rust. Virtually inaccesible. Sent off for nut/stud removal tool. We shall see. Might angle grind a load of fins orf to get at 'em.
Meanwhile, been to the pub on the P11 to cool down.

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
I was planning on taking a run to Cardiff this afternoon with the Mrs. Bike club hosting a rally in Penarth. Just as we're heading out the door the bloody pager goes off! Missing person call from the police. Half the team are in Greece looking for a local pensioner who went missing a couple of weeks ago and we're short staffed. Bang goes my afternoon as I'm stuck here coordinating the incident.

Not happy!

Hopefully get out for a couple of hours this evening. If time allows head to Llandovery before the cafe closes.

There we go, sparrow fart this morning, cars & coffee. The little Cooper S belongs to my lad (his mother won't let him have a bike).

But she makes sure YOUR insurance is up-to-date !! ;) .

View attachment 401285
Just had a look on ebay; it's not on there at the moment.

Typical, there's always some random fat bloke blocking a good picture. :)
.......but, I've got all my own hair.

Latest Threads