I love my motorcycle

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Along with the 50/70/90cc Crunch box you've posted in that poster, the bike @Chalky101 is in the process of getting up and running, is another iconic design from that brand. It a CB/CG 125 single first designed in the 60s, apart from the odd design upgrade to the engine, it has essentially stayed the same since.
the CG was pushrod, the Cb overhead cam
otherwise little difference

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
My Little brother seems much amused at my lack of sartorial elegance, and the scruffy pile of crap spread over my spaghetti eaters motorcycle, he of course merely strides out, places his soft bags into his panniers, clicks his phone in place and is away in seconds, do I care ? do I F***
IMG_20190731_110238.JPG

Is that a 1950 Bantam? They were wonderful little machines. Good luck with your project.
I learnt on one, an early 60's Bantam sold off by the Singapore Post Office for the magnificent sum of $35 (singapore) which was around a fiver. Around 1972 a few of us padbrats chipped together for equal shares and we used to ride it around the exercise area/AFV test ground at the end of Dover Road.........shorts and flip flops being standard protective gear, I was Agostini!

I keep saying this: How do you think they make the electricity that you pump into your electric car. It is all made at out of the way power stations so you just don't notice the pollution eating away the ozone layer. Until everyone has a windmill, or some solar panles it is about as different as Russia is today from it's old self - new label, same old shit.

I keep saying this: How do you think they make the electricity that you pump into your electric car. It is all made at out of the way power stations so you just don't notice the pollution eating away the ozone layer. Until everyone has a windmill, or some solar panles it is about as different as Russia is today from it's old self - new label, same old shit.
Similar thing I've been saying, not only is it the power stns. What about the carbon footprint of producing said battery's. And when the battery's are knackered in your car, what are you expected to do? New battery pack for car/new car?
I truly believe electric cars are the wrong way to go. Hydrogen power cell is the way to go. On of the railway companies is actually using a Hydrogen powered loco.
Suzuki motorcycles had one up and running years ago, what became of it, god knows!

Similar thing I've been saying, not only is it the power stns. What about the carbon footprint of producing said battery's. And when the battery's are knackered in your car, what are you expected to do? New battery pack for car/new car?
I truly believe electric cars are the wrong way to go. Hydrogen power cell is the way to go. On of the railway companies is actually using a Hydrogen powered loco.
Suzuki motorcycles had one up and running years ago, what became of it, god knows!
I agree with hydrogen. Make it from water and when it is used it turns back into water. What could be better than that?

The whole energy thing is a scam just so long as the big boys keep their profits up. With everything I heard about the requirements for electric vehicles in the next 5 or 6 years you would think that the people most likely to lose out - the oil companys - would be creating merry hell. Nope, business as usual, because they know that their bottom line is not going to change.

As to carbon footprint: The Democratic Republic of the Congo is being ripped up for it's cobalt to make phone and car batteries - 22gms in a phone and 10kgs in a car. The place is a war zone and now I have read an interview with Erik Prince, of Blackwater fame, talking about creating an investment fund for mining in the area and saying, "its an appropriate location for people who aren't afraid of operating in difficult and challenging places". I foresee Africa turning into a mound of mill waste.

Back to bikes: I must post those pics of that electric Harley I sat on.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
I learnt on one, an early 60's Bantam sold off by the Singapore Post Office for the magnificent sum of $35 (singapore) which was around a fiver. Around 1972 a few of us padbrats chipped together for equal shares and we used to ride it around the exercise area/AFV test ground at the end of Dover Road.........shorts and flip flops being standard protective gear, I was Agostini!
I learned on a nice little 1959 BSA C15 that I bought from my cousin. My granny let me have on the condition that she would buy me a crash helmet and I would wear it. This was long before the helmet laws.
My cousin saw me riding round a rather tight bend one day and said it sounded like it was in top gear. I was so daft, I didn't know that you were supposed to change down for corners.

My first was a Norton 250 Jubilee, what a piece of poo! It's saving grace was its handling my best mate had a CD175, on a straight it'd pi55 all over me, but put some bends in I'd walk away from him.
As for learning, I was lucky in having a Father was was a biker and followed me around on my first frightening days. And yes I forgot to change down at the first roundabout.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
My first was a Norton 250 Jubilee, what a piece of poo! It's saving grace was its handling my best mate had a CD175, on a straight it'd pi55 all over me, but put some bends in I'd walk away from him.
As for learning, I was lucky in having a Father was was a biker and followed me around on my first frightening days. And yes I forgot to change down at the first roundabout.
A bloke I did some work for tried to get me to take a Jubilee in payment, said it was a classic !
told him it was a classic case of bad engineering and poor design

My first bike was a CD175.
I gave it away when I joined up.
Says it all really.

My first was this, F plate RG125, bought it brand new on tick!
RG125.jpg

This must have been about the time I bought it. Soon after this it had a full fairing and solo seat, and was no longer 12bhp.

My first bike was a CD175.
I gave it away when I joined up.
Says it all really.
When I got fcuked off repairing/putting back together I brought firstly a CB175, the when I took the Shilling traded it in for Suzuki T250 Hustler. Thing got nicked from the Hanger it was in while on Banner in 77. Kraut workers!!!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Well here's a big one, not me, the bike.

interesting looking machine, I wonder if the bearded lard arsed typical harley riders will warm to it ?
the company has quite an engineering pedigree so it should be good
do they still make RVs ?

Latest Threads