I love living in Lincolnshire

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by balldrick, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here I am sat at my puter when I hear the unmistakable roar of 4 Rolls Royce merlin engines going by I look out my Window to see a/the Lancaster doing a slow turn to the left at about 400 feet above the end of my street
    Free air shows every day of the week its great

2. Not bad sausages either.

3. Just tell me when and i will put the markers out as there is part of my town that need "Re=modeling" :D

4. Horrible prison!

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We saw a house almost of the end of the runway there, wife spat fur at me when I suggested it!

6. You should've been here at Cranwell when I was first posted here. Had the Reds buzzing about nearly every bloody morning.

Once is fun, 50 times not so much.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oddly enough the bubblecar museum was up for sale recently, the wife was interested until she saw the runway direction!

8. A bubble car museum?? WTF?!?!? Does it get many visitors?? :?

9. Couldn't say the same when I was stuck there. The place smells of pigsh1t, cabbages and inbreeding- and that was just CHOM.

10. Best place to be was the now-defunct RAF Binbrook when the Lightnings were there. Now THAT was an airshow!
    Or Scampton when the mighty Vulcans flew from there.......I feel a whiff of nostalgia coming on! I'd agree that a Lanc in flight though is a truly magnificent sight.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It had a registered caravan and camp site to the rear so it was busy, I was interested in the buildings for a shop! The house was tiny though.

12. I used to work at a farm in Cambridgeshire, above which the displays used to form up for the Duxford displays. That was worth going to work over the weekend for.

13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The flight path for Duxford and the displays run over both my house, and the place where I work.
    RAF Alconbury used to have great displays, before it closed and Mildenhall had a fantastic air show, until some little scuffle somewhere in mideast interfered!

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yes we are going as My eldest likes the damn things.

15. Passed Duxford on the blow-me-up-bus a couple of weekends ago.

The spotters were arguing over what mark of Hunter was doing loop-de-loops backwards and forwards across the motorway.

As they tried to outdo one another with thrust ratios and all-up weights, I nonchalantly pointed out it was a Sabre.

Good drills that pilot-feller; the oohs and ahhs made me feel about ten years old again....