I LOOK LIKE A FLIPPING LIFT OPERATOR!

Discussion in 'ACF' started by wo1slashedpeak, Jul 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been promoted from WO2 to WO1. I should add that I am in a CCF Contingent not ACF, but I am an ex WO2, proud of being very, very Regimental indeed. When I have said jump people have jumped. The CCF Contingent CO has insisted that not only do I wear number 1 dress gold wire on scarlet WO1 badges on my number 2 service dress but he further insists on me wearing a pair of gold wire on scarlet number 1 dress cross flag recruiters badges but with the crowns missing. Aparantly at this school the WO1's previous have worn them but I think I will look a dick. I have contacted the Regiment we are affiliated to who say that they have heard of this before and although uncommon they do not have an issue just as long as I dont try to pass myself of as a recruiter. As a WO the first person that takes the pee in front of me....well lets just say his feet won't touch. I am not a walt or anything like that, I have done several tours and parades but I still remain concerned about the cross flag jobbies. Also, at this particular contingent they also use this cross flag recruiters badge (but minus the crown) for their banner party. Now, whilst in the Army I have always followed dress regs.

What do you the audience think???
    :x

2. Whats his reason for making you do it?

Is there a reason or is it because the "previous WO1's have done it"?

3. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WORN BY THE SENIOR WO1 ON NO2 SERVICE DRESS ONLY AT THAT CONTINGENT. I JUST THINK HE FEELS IT LOOKS GOOD. MIND YOU, WHO IS GOING TO ARGUE WITH A WO1?????????????????????? WOULD YOU TELL HIM HE WAS INCORRECTLY DRESSED?????????????????????????????

4. To be honest mate, if you don't want to wear them then don't. You are the WO1 after all. If you feel that its slight walting then have a word, after all, as WO1 you are responsible for dress and discipline.

5. LAST TIME I HAD A RANT HIS LIP STARTED QUIVERING. I DONT DO SUBTLE.

6. CCF/ACF have dress codes like everyone else

This fetching get up may be ok at the School as a tradition, but what about when you attend events with other units? bound to be a few raised eyebrows

If it was me I would say that you should follow the affiliated unit dress code and time to bin this dubious use of badges.

He may be CO, but what does a Teacher know about these things, being ex reg it is times like this your knowledge of these things should be respected.

I would gather the evidence and say it will hinder your credibility and the reputation of the school not to follow the correct Regt. dress code.

Also it is dodgy use of badges ect that is just the thing that gets cadet forces a bad reputation.

What next a chrome M1 helmet, patent leather boots and a blue max?

I Don't wish to be flippant, but this is a extreme example of where this sort of thing leads

Easy for me to say, but you are right to question this, stick with it sounds like the school need a reality check and will be all the better for it.

7. Im with Bob on this, as an Ex-Reg you certainly don't want to be seen as walting.

8. Your in the cadet forces now, Mate. Your just gonna have to learn! Politely re-iterate your not going to 'pimp up your threads' just because your forerunner in the post had no fcuking taste or style...SIR!

9. Fiji_Bob wrote 'What next a chrome M1 helmet, patent leather boots and a blue max?'

sounds pretty damned fine to me, lets get a think tank to recommend it to Tony!