I like this new style parliament

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by supermatelot, Jun 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody else noticed the increased quality of banter, put-downs and general humour emanating from Cameron & co?

Just watched him wind Harman's neck in about changing political boundaries. It's really quite entertaining now!

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Yeah, enjoying watching it too - she is completely outclassed in debating skills

3. I find it strange, but refreshing, to hear a PM actually giving answers to questions instead of dodging the issue.

4. Nice to see the multi millionaire old etonian doing what he was born to do in the house of commons.

5. Why does it matter where someone went to school? Why should we judge them on their parents' choices?

6. I didn't say it did matter. I just made a statement of fact.

7. Because that Cunt is meant to be representing me as my equal, he is not my equal.
    Telling us that cuts are a good thing, he won't be struggling to put shoe on his kids feet will he? Or his whole millionaire front bench, but don't worry he feels your pain!

8. How is that (bolded) a fact? Are you saying that old Etonians are born to rule?

9. Then ask yourself this - Why is he going to have to make cuts? Cos Liarbore fcuked up big style! :x

10. What a load of crap, has HE said he is not you equal? You seem to have decided that he isn't, I assume that you mean he is "above" you somehow? It seems it's you that has an inverse snobbery problem here.

11. I didn't say that.

12. I want to be represented by people who are cleverer and know a lot more than me. I don't want to be represented by idiots who know even less about everything than I do. So it doesn't matter to me where they went to school, as long as they came out of it well. Cameron has a first in PPE from Oxford.

He hasn't said cuts are a good thing. He's said they will hurt and we will all feel their effect, but it's the only way to pay back our massive debts and save further pain later. What evidence do you have that his whole front bench are millionaires beyond some badly researched, sourceless article in a Sunday paper?

13. Also, if he was "born to rule" then surely his parents' choice of school is even less relevant.

14. We're in the sh1t because there was a global recession.

15. No? Okay, what did you say/mean then?