I know were all fed up of Jade Goody, but heres one more..

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by YorkieDragoon, Apr 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Parky hits out at 'ignorant and puerile' Jade
    Tue Apr 07 10:54AM by TV Editor

Sir Michael Parkinson has launched a tirade against Jade Goody.

The veteran broadcaster told the latest issue of Radio Times that the late reality TV star represented "all that is paltry and wretched about Britain."

He said: "Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it's significant, it's nothing to be proud of. Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di.

"When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death, what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today.

"She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile. Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and became a media chattel to be exploited til the day she died."

His comments come just days after Jade Goody was laid to rest following a funeral that drew comparisons with that of Princess Diana. Thousands of mourners lined the streets and threw flowers as the hearse made its way to the service in Buckhurst on Saturday.

Linkie- http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/138886/

2. At last, someone in the media said it...............................

3. Amen Parky! Amen!

4. At last soemone has seen the light and spoken out

5. Great. A sycophantic egoist passes comment on a thick dead girl and it’s “news” - who gives a toss what one nonentity thinks about another nonentity?

6. About time, someone talking comon sense.

7. he's gonna get fuuuuuucked

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Bang on. Why shouldn't someone with a degree of intellect speak what is to a lot of the population, the simple facts?

Note that he didn't attack her, rather the media circus and society that placed her in the position she was in.

9. "When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death, what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today.

"She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile."

So fvcking true!

10. Parky has said what a lot of people in this country have been thinking. Well done that man.

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

On Sunday I went to get the papers for myself & my neighbour downstairs in the apt below mine,I got my usual Sunday Times & his News of the Screws.On seeing the front page & that it was a 'Goodymonster souvaneer edition',he bunged it straight in the bin.

12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Perhaps it is better to finish his comments

Although I don't there is any love for Goody, it is her exploitation that has really hacked Parky off

13. Well done Parky, Good man.

14. He's said what every decent person in the UK has been thinking. Sir Michael I doff my hat to you.

15. Shhhhhhhhhhhs!!

don't want all these Chavs sending naughty emails to arrse complainng.. :)