I Know "Weather" isnt "Climate"

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by phibeck, Dec 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. But on the last day of the "Global Warming" conferance in Copenhagen - here in my part of Norway, it is, as I write 17C below zero.

I've been here for 24 years, and never experienced it this cold before Christmas (Jan/Feb thats another story).

My wish for Christmas is that the delegates at the conferance get snowed in, and the demonstrators have to call it off due to frost bite.

If they're worried about ice going missing from the poles - they can just fetch a new supply from the "river" just across from my house.

2. Don't worry. The temperature should go up dozen degrees or so when they get their limos back to the airport and all start up their private jets at the same time. The Aussies, with 114 delegates, should be worth at least 5 degrees in themselves.

3. Was -18 when i was in Norway last December.....Granted i was north (ish).....Geilo.

Anyway, the weather changing is a completely different thing to the climate changing anyway, the weather in your individual area does not represent the climate!

4. Err .... yes .... check the thread title !

5. 1......2........3........WAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

6. I fell for that one !

7. So what's your point then?

8. ;) too easy my man, you had a few scoops already!?

9. Its Friday - and its CCCOOOOOLLLLDDD outside - just like the "pils" inside !