I know another e-petition but it may save some souls from becomming destitute

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by BIPOLAR77, Jul 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Much as I'd like to agree and sign I'm afraid I can't.
  2. Waste of time, 80 odd views, 1 signature, so much for this being a forces/veterans site, no doubt the Civvys hold servicemen in such high regard they too are too lazy to complete the petition.

Lets hope the Muslim Brotherhood take control of the UK, maybe they regard their soldiers in higher esteem than the wasters who frequent here
  3. I didn't write it, however, it doesnt detract from the petition itself.
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

It does. If you belive a point is that important, take the time to make it well.

If it is looks like it is written by an intellectual midget, it will tend to be treated accordingly.
  5. Oh good, then I will re-tract my signature and hope all redundees and ex servicemen get a job then.

Fingers crossed for army 2020 and Tranche 3
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Sounds fair to me. The same rules apply to people in receipt of any form of income - why do you expect ex servicement to be treated differently?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. To be fair, there are plenty of ex mob struggling. And if they get a pension they often won't be entitled to further benefits entitlements, which are assessed on need and circumstances by (fairly) hard line Decision Makers. And there are appeals processes if cases can be challenged.. Fair play for getting off your bum and making a petition, but is there that much money available in the social budget for added benefits on top? From experience there's not much to be gained from waging dodgy lone battles if you can't rally troops.Plenty of us with egg on our faces. No offence by the way. Ask any manager or anyone on a lone mission to nowhere. Lots of us may have thought of petitions like this, the system is unfair in places but so is herpes. Nothing's perfect and some will be getting wads of cash for not working or for screwing the system . Some, after a long mob career get £130 a week, or the basic war pension - shit bust. If again like some of us do, you do cleaning work for two hours a day it can be better than JSA and there's no signing on. No pestering from the DWP. The money to be earned from working a couple of hours a day isn't usually taxed that much and can even double your pension. Were people thoroughly incapable of doing any gainful work there are benefits for that. Personally and prepared for incoming, there's nowt like a bit of honest hard work, and for all sorts of reasons.
  8. Because they have give up the best years of their life doing the job, so you would be happy that a chav receives upto £26000 a year on benefits, where those lucky enough to get to their pension date survive on 17k a year?

You would be better off not joining up and staying at home.
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

They got paid for doing the job, and a lump sum and pension after 22 years which is more than many get. You are just upset that they are not getting preferential treatment, aren't you?
  10. Its more than many get, as they have sacrificed more.

You've never served have you?

So you are content that a chave who has done nothing should get 9k or more than an ex soldier?

You would be happy for an ex-serviceman to use all his pension plus lump sum - which he has earned?

They are entitled to no benefit uplift whilst receiving a pension, hardly preferential treatment
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I have, thanks, but not long enough to get the nice lump sum and pension.

If the ex-soldier has to use his lump sum and pension to pay for himself if he has no other work, then tough luck. It is exactly the same for everyone else who has savings or an income.

Whether the amount of benefits paid is correct or not is another argument entirely.
  12. That's not entirely true is it? The threshold for receiving some benefits is £23000, some benefits have no threshold and come benefits are dependent on savings.
  13. I looked up on YouGov exactly what I could and couldn't claim if I was unable to find work. The pension seems to preclude any freebies. Ho hum.