I knew there was something not right about these folks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ghost_us, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That just gives me the hump.

Yes, I know where it is. Hanging up on the back of the door. But he was asking for it!
  2. Mmmmm, I wonder what they think of crufts, agricultural show competitions, chasing cheese down hills, cake making competitions etc etc etc etc

At least the prizes are worth winning.
  3. It's no weirder than crufts really.
  4. “Bedouin Arabs are intimately connected to camels and they want to preserve this heritage."

And we all know why they're called the ships of the desert.
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Can't see that its majorly different to the way people are about horses? Had friends with quite serious stables and they feel and talk about horses in a much similar way. Had another friend who had quite a beautiful Arab, and the Arabs are well known for liking the gee-gees too.

Some people would say it was one of their more 'sane' stereotyped behaviours...not sure I see where the article is going or implying...Saudis like camels...go figure....
  6. I saw a production of Aladdin a couple of years ago. One of the characters was a pantomime camel called Camilla.

I think she'd have given the dodgy Arabian rough trade camels pictured a run for their money!

SLR (Not to be confused with SLR Boy).
  7. As the old joke goes, "Well, you wouldn't want to get an ugly one!"
  8. Not much differant than a dog show I suppose... hmm... I have a hillarious picture of some camels that I should scan and post.
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

The one on the left is quite fit though.
  10. Went out past Barka the other weekend as a guest of the Omani Camel Federation.

We got to see the line up for the most beautiful camel. 400 noisesome stinking, spitting, kicking beasts and that was just the women.

Good fun though as they had what can only be described as camel dragster racing. Two camels head to head, 200 yard sprint following a hefty kick in the gonads.

Ah the local colour, you just can't beat it.
  11. B_T you worry me sometimes, maybe you should get out more!!!

its the one on the right thats fit
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

WOT!! The baby one?

13. How dare you call me a sicko.

Its not a baby camel.
    Its a midget camel, i have some standards you know!!!
  14. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

A couple of years ago I had an op under general anaesthetic. Apparently my first words as I came round unnerved the porters.

Then last month I caught some old Jasper Carrot on the Paramount Comedy Channel or somesuch.

JC talks about how, sat on the bus, the idiot gets on and the first you hear of him is his question to nobody in particular, "Nyeeeeear. Anyone seen my camel???"

The sultry one in the middle does it for me.