"I instantly fell back on my training"

Conversation at the dinner table - RA Regt Officers' Mess
LE Major: They've put a new sink in my room. For the first time I've got a sink no one has ever pissed in.
Devex: Until tonight!
LE Major: (indignant) Are you suggesting I still piss in my sink?
Lt Col at his usual head of the table seat: Well, I still piss in mine so why not?
Remember there are two types of Officer, those that piss in the sink and those that lie.

It should be noted that exactly the same effect can be achieved by walking purposefully around camp armed with a genuine clipboard.
Especially when it has blank statement forms in, you can say you're off to fabricate evidence on some poor unfortunate. :D

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ensure they're signed first.

I attended a RTC, the driver involved was a young squaddie, I asked for his driving licence to get some details for the paperwork. I asked where he was based and he replied Fallingbostel. I told him Fally was my last posting before leaving - then I noticed his date of birth - I was there before you were born! Then my training kicked in - I called him a fucking sprog and told him I'd spent longer in the NAAFI queue! :D

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I attended a RTC, the driver involved was a young squaddie, I asked for his driving licence to get some details for the paperwork. I asked where he was based and he replied Fallingbostel. I told him Fally was my last posting before leaving - then I noticed his date of birth - I was there before you were born! Then my training kicked in - I called him a ******* sprog and told him I'd spent longer in the NAAFI queue! :D
You opened the conversation with "Hello, son," little knowing. ..

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I had a doctors appointment at 0800 hrs this morning but then I fell back on my training and showed up at 0430 hrs to stand outside the surgery smoking roll ups and whinging about how cold it was.

TamtamPWRR

War Hero
I had a doctors appointment at 0800 hrs this morning but then I fell back on my training and showed up at 0430 hrs to stand outside the surgery smoking roll ups and whinging about how cold it was.
Twenty something years ago I was doing exactly that outside a barracks block in Yorkshire of a January morning. The unit scrounger asked me for a rollup and I started to roll it for him, when a big old dewdrop from my nose fell right onto the tobacco I was rolling out. Instantly my training kicked in as I carried on rolling and handed it to him without a moment's hesitation, then watched calmly as he started to have trouble with it about halfway through.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads