"I instantly fell back on my training"

I walked round Birdwood bks for 3 days carrying a welding rod.
Would've looked a bit odd if you were a clerk or a medic though?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have not a ******* scooby doo what any of that statement means.
Sadly I do......there's nowhere to go in Pompey anyway even with your civ kit sneakily hidden in a binliner :)

( any proper matelot would've done her over down in the Veg Flat, proper tiddly, - and paid for a fast black to take her away.)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nope, I speak Pongo though.
Pongo is my first language but I'm picking up Jack Speak quite well now due to my new (ish) job!!

You mean you didn't pause to combat reframe a priceless Rembrant?

Amateur.
Maybe he was too busy discovering the colour yellow. Or taking an IQ test that nobody else remembers taking. Or selling drugs to David Bowie. Or something.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Army training kicked in for me when I ran some dodgy geezers in Austria.
The hundred metre sprint iirc.

Last edited:
If we think about it - most of us on here still probably venture out of bed for a piss during the night ensuring we have one eye closed - just in case we encounter a trip-flare on the landing or someone launches a shermuly from downstairs :rolleyes:

That's your training kicking in right there - decades after your service.
The training normally ''kicks in'' when you piss in the wardrobe. :oops:

PFGEN

GCM
TVM. In the Army the same thing is achieved by walking purposefully around camp armed with a fake clipboard.
Works equally well in the Air Force. One should occasionally stop, tut a few times, tap the clipboard with a pencil before appearing to make a note in the margins then purposefully moving off at a brisk pace. A useful diversionary manoeuvre should somebody more senior be about to ask what one is up to.

Last edited:
Army training? Show sink full of piss 22:00 hours.
Conversation at the dinner table - RA Regt Officers' Mess
LE Major: They've put a new sink in my room. For the first time I've got a sink no one has ever pissed in.
Devex: Until tonight!
LE Major: (indignant) Are you suggesting I still piss in my sink?
Lt Col at his usual head of the table seat: Well, I still piss in mine so why not?

chimera

LE
Conversation at the dinner table - RA Regt Officers' Mess
LE Major: They've put a new sink in my room. For the first time I've got a sink no one has ever pissed in.
Devex: Until tonight!
LE Major: (indignant) Are you suggesting I still piss in my sink?
Lt Col at his usual head of the table seat: Well, I still piss in mine so why not?
However being Gunners you know that the piss will just spray all over the place and land anywhere but in the sink (aka "the target")

Latest Threads