I have no live rounds, blanks or empty cases in my posession

I have no live rounds, blanks or empty cases in my posession
Senor!!

Spanish police said they had arrested a bomb disposal expert after he was found to be in possession of 755 kilos (1,660 pounds) of Goma 2 ECO explosive of the type used in last year's Madrid train bombings along with thousands of detonators

ATO bites dog??

Guess he is now well fcuked. Had a guy in the Sigs, years ago, worked in the stores. Done his 22, got out, done something stupid, cops searched his house, what they found was enough SLR spares to make some complete weapons, rounds, smokies etc. Dunno what happened to him.

like the legend of the jocks who have 9 gas masks pinned to there walls? or the mod staff who have enough systems drawings in there home to build a submarine?

I dont know why people do it myself, my home isnt huge, and moving about as much as i do it would be such a pain to drag it all everywhere.

Many years ago the cops searched a REME armourer's house (after his kid produced a 7.62 round at school and said "daddy has lots of these at home"). They found a complete SMG made from parts :oops:

out@last said:
Many years ago the cops searched a REME armourer's house (after his kid produced a 7.62 round at school and said "daddy has lots of these at home"). They found a complete SMG made from parts :oops:

I can remember some lads from Tidworth were stopped by police in a car on the way to "visit" a bloke who had abused the nephew of one of them.
The police found a working Sterling and ammunition but could not find an armoury in the area with one missing.
The bloke who addmitted it was in his possesion said he had found it leaning against a tree on Salisbury plain, any Arrse members remember loseing one a few years ago? :roll:

was it some Guards in london a few years ago who "borrowed" an SA80 from the guardroom armoury and nipped off to do an armed robbery? witness recognised the weapon type and the old bill arrived at nearest barracks in time to see them scaling the wall... go direct to jail, do not collect £200. or so the story goes.

I think that there was a guy (R Irish HS) who robbed a NI petrol station a few years ago using his issued pistol - the cashier told the police the butt number painted on to it! It didn't take them long to arrest him.......

doomsayer said:
I think that there was a guy (R Irish HS) who robbed a NI petrol station a few years ago using his issued pistol - the cashier told the police the butt number painted on to it! It didn't take them long to arrest him.......
Similar scenario....2 blokes (RAOC) from Marchwood had a couple of smg's signed out the armoury. Hopped on a motorbike and robbed a small post office at Dibden. The army weapons were a bit of a giveaway (but not as much the the bike registration number :roll: )

Well into a 2yr tour of NI, a pad was found with a "few bits & bobs"
A small ammo tin was put out and orders posted, giving the rest of the batt. a chance to hand in any bits they might have.

Needless to say 6 MFO boxes were needed to carry everything that was handed in.

There another story floating around that two squaddies went off and raided a petrol station , not only did they have SA80's, but thought by wearing there noddy suit jackets and S10's they wouldnt be recognised,

all well and good i hear you say,

well it was but considering the noddy suit jackets had there names on the front pockets!!

Needless to say they werew found quickly!

Note to self: If ever planning to rob a bank, do not use any gear unique to the British Army. Especially the SA80 since even the most ignorant civvie must surely be able to recognise it.

Still wondering how he concealed three quarters of a ton of plastic explosive from the neighbours, much less 5,312 detonators (ok, I imagine those are tiny...but THAT many?)

A fella at a certain Signals Regiment based in Wales recently came off guard, still dressed in his CS95, 'borrowed' his SA80 and rounds, and held up the local petrol station. He thought by wearing a balaclava he'd get away with it...he didn't think to cover his hands though, and he was one of only four black lads on the Regiment. Time until capture...about three minutes! :D

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
how about the lads in brecon in about '98 who blew up their house after nicking explosives from ITC?
yeah - one was an RHF Anti-Tank/Asslt Pnr bloke in Fire Sp Coy with me before posting to ITC. He nicked the explosives and gave it to a mate who was a bit of a Welsh nationalist. They collared him and he got a couple of years in civvy nick. The other lad was killed in the blast.

B

benjaminw1

Henry_Tombs said:
out@last said:

I can remember some lads from Tidworth were stopped by police in a car on the way to "visit" a bloke who had abused the nephew of one of them.
The police found a working Sterling and ammunition but could not find an armoury in the area with one missing.
The bloke who addmitted it was in his possesion said he had found it leaning against a tree on Salisbury plain, any Arrse members remember loseing one a few years ago? :roll:
there "may" be something in this story if we are talking early 80's :wink:

A civil servant working in the old Royal Ordnance factory organisation, at Blackburn i think, was turned over by the MOD Plod. Small African nations would have surrendered if faced by the quantity and variety of kit he had tucked awy - including a fully functional 51mm mortar. Bet his bonfire nights were top...

ugly

LE
The changeover period in Lisanelly bks to 556 in the 80's produced a few MFO boxes of "spares" very interesting what was handed in!

E

error_unknown

A guy I shared an office with was driving along the A303 near Andover when he spotted something familiar-looking lying in the road. He pulled up and, sure enough, it was an SA80. He put it on his back seat, covered it with a blanket and carried on. Couple of miles further down the road he came across a four-tonner with a bunch of Gunners mooching around looking on the verge and in the hedgerows. Being kindhearted, my friend pulled over and asked if they had lost something. He was a Captain RM and in uniform, so the Bombardier in charge said something like 'might have', at which point the SA80 got handed over. It turned out that these guys were coming back off exercise and were all kipping in the back of the truck, and one of them had managed to drop the rifle out of the back, but hadn't realised where it had gone for several minutes.

ugly

LE
Lucky it was a royal and not a poxy jobsworth. We lost an oc in germany , very unpopular and his slr was accidentally lost for him on Hohne ranges!

We took over from an un-named unit after GW1 and we were finding alsorts of things from AKs hidden under turrets and in NBC packs to grenades, 30mm ammo ect

Latest Threads